Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL

Didn't watch either game. Fuck the NFL. My only hope was the 49ers and the Eagles could have both lost. AFC is not my thing but i would have to pull for the Chiefs if i watched as i hate the Eagles with a pashion. Shitty town and shitty team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so vegas is fixing games as the betting is coming in so they can figure out who they need to win to make the most money?

Its clear as a bell now
    Beats me since I stopped watching the NFL decades ago, except for an occasional Super Bowl... but... I wouldn't bet against the above.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

That pesky Kansas City Mob...

Players ain't faking injuries and all that stuff. But I can see an official fixing a game. It likely happens more than we think
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Players ain't faking injuries and all that stuff. But I can see an official fixing a game. It likely happens more than we think
    Yep. They can call holding on any given play. That can change a game QUICK!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Dear Baby Jesus, please help some of these idiots
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-30-2023 at 12:19 PM.

so vegas is fixing games as the betting is coming in so they can figure out who they need to win to make the most money?

Its clear as a bell now
    Soylent Green is people.

Pass it on.

Maybe they do, most likely they don't. I just refuse to live so jaded and cynical. Damn.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I watched. Looked like an ACC or BIG 12 crew officiating the SEC Championship. ROTFOL...
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    i thought there was hope for VG....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You are exactly right!
    Last edited by Love2labs; 01-30-2023 at 12:41 PM. Reason: 1

i thought there was hope for VG....
    You don't think a ref would intentionally make a bad call or no call if he were being paid to do so?

There are people in the world who play with little boys, kill their own families and dress like the opposite sex....for free

i mean there was a huge nba officiating scandal a while back, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility for the nfl to fix certain games.

i don't think it's happening, but it is possible.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Boxing is most easily "fixed"
    Basketball has been done a few times but always been a case of 2 or more players conspiring together or two refs working together.
    Football - sure it's possible but would require multiple refs in on it in my opinion. Too many players, too many eyes, Highly unlikely

Some of y'all have way too much faith in humanity. Good on y'all

This should give Dirty Dabo some ideas with all the former NFL playas he collects...

High school basketball coach posed as player in game, school system says

Both the girls junior varsity and varsity basketball teams decided to cancel the rest of their seasons. (WTKR, NFHS NETWORK, VIRGINIA HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE, CNN)

By WTKR Staff
    Feb. 1, 2023

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WTKR) - A Virginia high school’s girls basketball season ended early after one of their coaches was caught pretending to be a member of the junior varsity team, the school system says.

Portsmouth Public Schools says Arlisha Boykins, an assistant basketball coach at Churchland High School, posed as a player on the girls junior varsity team and played in a Jan. 21 game against Nansemond River High School.

Churchland wound up forfeiting the game. The school system was notified of the incident the week after it happened, and they say both Boykins and the head coach of the junior varsity team are no longer employees of the school division.

Billy Haun, the executive director of the Virginia High School Sports League, says he is disappointed by the actions of the adults involved.

“When an adult commits to being a high school coach, it’s not just about coaching the game. They take on a lot of responsibility. Adults who fail to live up to those expectations, I’ll just put it bluntly, they fail students,” Haun said.

After the incident was reported to Churchland school leaders, the administration met with players on both the girls junior varsity and varsity teams and their parents. Both teams decided to cancel the rest of their seasons.

“We failed kids because we got a group of young ladies who now will not be able to finish their season because of the behavior of some adults,” Haun said.

Haun says this is the second time he’s heard of something like this happening in Virginia.

https://www.knoe.com/2023/02/01/high...RWuZ2Lp2RKlNlo

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Says the fellow that dreams about CLEMSON and knows more about them than anybody in the world.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If $ is involved, especially the amount the NFL generates anything is possible. Not real likely, but it has always fascinated me how close a computer can get on most of the point spreads.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."