Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One gram per pound

Just my experience, but about a year and half ago pushing 51, I decided to get "healthy". I've put on nine pounds of muscle and lost 10% body fat with four more pounds of muscle to go and 3% more body fat to lose.

Move weights, eat well (this comes and goes), and cardio (at some level to not take from your muscle gains) has been key to me.

Most important in diet is complete protein, protein with the full amino acids.

I'm no doctor but this is what has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Fish - Would you mind sharing how much you weigh, as I was surprised by the comment of having to drink nearly half of your protein. I’m usually around 205-210 and feel like getting enough protein through food is not difficult.
    I weigh 210. I ate four eggs and a half a pack of bacon this morning. That’s 18 grams of bacon and 24 for eggs. 42 grams this morning.

D05C186F-151E-4724-915C-299F4AF66903.jpg

And there’s 76 grams right here. 30 in whey, 30 in the bottled shake, 16 in two cups of milk. I’ve got 118 grams on board, 97 to go, and it’s almost 7 o’clock. This is what I’m talking about right here. If these people around here were ever hungry, it wouldn’t be so hard to actually eat 210 grams. This is why I end up drinking a lot of it. But who knew milk protein wasn’t equal to other sources of protein?
    Last edited by Fish; 01-31-2023 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ok
    not one single gram needs to come from milk destined for another mammal. dont you see how crazy that is? drinking milk from a cow?
    Does the same principal of it being weird (i.e. smarter and more evolved then other beings) to eat a food designed for another animal or purpose also apply to honey, eggs, nuts, seeds, etc, etc ? How strange is it that we eat these things that plants and trees create and release in order to grow more of their own kind. Creepy, amiright?

That being said, dairy isn't great for most people. Lot of people have a food sensitivity/allergy to it, or at least to beta-casein and don't realize.
    Last edited by everlast; 02-01-2023 at 07:13 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Admittedly, I'm not a smart person. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to understand why a diet heavily weighted towards carbs is pushed by so many when carbs are the one macronutrient you can literally live without.

Forget the carbs altogether. They’re an occasional cheat, nothing more.

So I’m sitting here at 8:50 pm trying to figure out how to come up with another 60 grams of protein. A whole swarm of people showed up for dinner, a beef roast with carrots and potatoes, so I got about 4 ounces of meat. See what I mean?

I am even more confused. It's nearly 9:00 PM and you are that many grams away from your goal. Do you eat during the day. I'll eat an entire rotisserie chicken for lunch and feel like that gets me at least halfway to 205 grams of protein.

I often don’t have time to stop and eat. My situation makes it hard to make this goal, which is why I lean so hard on milk.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Does the same principal of it being weird (i.e. smarter and more evolved then other beings) to eat a food designed for another animal or purpose also apply to honey, eggs, nuts, seeds, etc, etc ? How strange is it that we eat these things that plants and trees create and release in order to grow more of their own kind. Creepy, amiright?

That being said, dairy isn't great for most people. Lot of people have a food sensitivity/allergy to it, or at least to beta-casein and don't realize.
    you cant see that mothers milk is different than something that grows in the ground? not creepy. sorry. horrible analogy. i'm not sucking the tit of a plant.
    I'm really just here to bust glenn and fish's balls. I eat wtf I want and dont exercise. come on. geez.

my brother is very big into this. I am quite certain he would wholeheartedly disagree with much that is discussed here. His latest comment to me was "after a deep dive into this stuff, I would say 90% of your protein needs to come from whole fruits and vegetables." he doesnt care where the other 10% comes from, for now...

he would certainly point out anything that comes in a plastic jug and is mixed with water is stupid. he much prefers to get his nutrients straight from the source.

i am just trying to get people to dig deeper instead of stopping at a "diet" that they want to be on. most of us like meat. we will scour the internet for proof that meat is good for us. its that simple but it doesnt make it right.

you need perspective, my friend.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've seen picture of babies nursing directly from goats back in the day. Personally I think it's awesome that we have the understanding to know we can repurpose food sources.

I'm in the market for human breast milk tho, if you know someone. That would be my preference but they are wiley and don't stay in fences as well as my goats

2023-02-01 07_53_08-Window.png
    Last edited by everlast; 02-01-2023 at 07:53 AM.
    -Samuel Adams

Why get your protein from fruits and vegetables when there is a much more effective method of getting protein? That method being animal meat.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 02-01-2023 at 07:40 AM.

Definitely makes for a lot of work and prone to deficiencies and hormonal imbalances. Usually people who try it resort to a lot of processed foods, which has additional detriments, because its so hard to meet your caloric and macronutrient needs with just fruits and veggies. But an admirable goal if someone has the discipline.
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Why get your protein from fruits and vegetables when there is a much more effective method of getting protein? That method being animal meat.
    define "effective"

can you open your mind to being wrong?
    totally against processed foods, everlast. i am talking about plain old fruits and veggies straight off the vine.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I watched a few videos of the gomad diet a little while back.. I eat enough protein for my life, plus I'm not looking to bulk up. I do know I'd be scared I'd shit my pants in public with the way milk works on me.

You people could complicate the tying of your shoes...

90%

Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    define "effective"

can you open your mind to being wrong?
    totally against processed foods, everlast. i am talking about plain old fruits and veggies straight off the vine.
    Effective as in getting a lot more of it per bite. There are no fruits or vegetables that have the protein content that meat and fish does.

Maybe soybeans, which is a legume and not a vegetable, but that's a great way to have estrogen levels raise. Hence the term soy boy.

Lets give them something to think about. That Body Fortress? Welp that company is owned by Nestle. Same folks that own Purina. Same folks that make MOST of that chicken feed we have been discussing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bo...2D%20Wikipedia

Nestle is also one of the driving forces behind the World Economic Forum...

https://www.weforum.org/organizations/nestle-sa

Eating isn't that hard. If you aren't lifting weights then your protein requirements are going to way different than someone who hits the weights pretty hard. If you fall into the sedentary groups, eat whatever you want, being fit and healthy is not your highest priority.

If you do weight train, then you need to be thinking about getting ample amounts of proteins at each meal. Get protein, keep the carbs and saturated fats low. And you need to eat small meals every couple hours. Fruits, vegetables and lean meats should be the goal. I prefer fish, chicken and turkey. If you kill wild game, that is a great source of lean meat.

Nothing wrong with milk but I just can't do whole milk. I prefer skim milk. Anything else feels like drinking heavy cream. I drink about 3 gallons a week.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    You people could complicate the tying of your shoes...

-Samuel Adams