Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Duck hunter

Lawman cant find anything on the index. Lawman should be able to find something on the index. I went to the https listed that shows his picture above and was able to pull it right up. I assume if there's something to sue for slander, who ever owns and hosts that website would be wide open for it, assuming the photo and charges listed are fake.

I dont know. I do know that in that wind they were hunting on those jetties, there isnt any dropping anyone off without capsizing. The whole thing hasnt passed the smell test for me from the get go. I hope I am wrong and just jaded AF, but it wont be the first time someone has used a lost boater to hide from things the public doesnt know about.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-02-2023 at 05:41 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Something else is the lack of identifying the hunting buddy who was rescued or hearing his story. I find that kind of odd.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Something else is the lack of identifying the hunting buddy who was rescued or hearing his story. I find that kind of odd.
    From individuals that are familiar with the families I was told and don’t know if this is fact that it was an inexperienced minor, maybe 15 years old.

Was told he isn’t speaking much and that he may have been on the jetties waiting to shoot birds that were going to be jumped up by individual running the boat that is now missing. Some are wondering if he was shot during this attempt.
    NONE of this I know to be fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Not one peep. Doesn’t identify or tell his version of events. I find it very odd myself.

Found this on FB for what it's worth:

I’m so ticked seeing these post about Tyler Doyle, with charges from 2020!!! What kind of people want to sit here and bash a man that is MISSING, with charges from 3 years ago and dismissed??? even if the charges were recent HE IS STILL A PERSON, he is still a human!! He’s someone son, friend, husband and daddy!!! No family wants to get on here and see that!! If you feel that way KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF! while your talking, start praying to God Lakelyn finds her child’s father and her husband!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The charges from 2020 are real but as far as I know and what everyone around here has said those charges were dismissed a while ago.

From what I was told today he had motor problems and it cut off on him. The boy on the jetties could see him and called him, he said he was trying to get the motor started and was able to while he was on the phone with him. He told him he was coming to him and the motor cut off again. He called the guy who he bought the boat from and asked what to do and the guy told him to forget the boat and get his waders off and get a life jacket on and wrap the other around his head. The boy on the jetties said he was trying to bail water out of the boat with a mountain dew bottle. When the boat went down he was holding onto the nose of it. They're not sure if he had a life jacket on or not because only one was recovered with the boat. There's obviously a lot more details to the story but I'll just leave it at that. That's according to a friend of the family who was at the landing.

The person on the jetties is around 21-22.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    The charges from 2020 are real but as far as I know and what everyone around here has said those charges were dismissed a while ago.

From what I was told today he had motor problems and it cut off on him. The boy on the jetties could see him and called him, he said he was trying to get the motor started and was able to while he was on the phone with him. He told him he was coming to him and the motor cut off again. He called the guy who he bought the boat from and asked what to do and the guy told him to forget the boat and get his waders off and get a life jacket on and wrap the other around his head. The boy on the jetties said he was trying to bail water out of the boat with a mountain dew bottle. When the boat went down he was holding onto the nose of it. They're not sure if he had a life jacket on or not because only one was recovered with the boat. There's obviously a lot more details to the story but I'll just leave it at that. That's according to a friend of the family who was at the landing.
    Thanks for clarifying. Damn, and just bought the boat. I dont have any hope he's alive at this point, but I do hope they get something back to bury. Truly hate it for the kid.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Many years ago, my sister's friend's boyfriend drowned while duckhunting in Winyah Bay. They found him 9 mos later.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-03-2023 at 08:27 AM.

This is awful. Stay safe gentlemen
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

His grandmother, who raised him, is a family friend. I think he is 23, young wife with a baby on the way. It’s a tragic accident, nothing more, and I hope they find him soon so the family gets some closure. Some of you fuckers have got your tinfoil hats too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    His grandmother, who raised him, is a family friend. I think he is 23, young wife with a baby on the way. It’s a tragic accident, nothing more, and I hope they find him soon so the family gets some closure. Some of you fuckers have got your tinfoil hats too tight.
    I don’t think anyone is wearing a tinfoil hat. People are asking questions because there has been no information other than he was last seen in the water. Hopefully they can recover him soon. I honestly expected they would have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    I don’t think anyone is wearing a tinfoil hat. People are asking questions because there has been no information other than he was last seen in the water. Hopefully they can recover him soon. I honestly expected they would have already.

Unless he drowned in the surf there is a high probability that he's never found.

Certainly a strong possibility and the longer this goes on, the least likely they are to recover unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Many years ago, my sister's friend's boyfriend drowned while duckhunting in Winyah Bay. They found him 9 mos later.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    9 months? What was left to recover? All terrible.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Hearing some unofficial stuff.

Found something on sonar. Local fish man told me DNR has asked him to get his seine nets and deploy in specific area. Been a common practice to recover bodies without divers (low viz and plenty of current) for as long as I can recall.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-27-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Short of having his feet stuck through a cinder block, is it not unlikely that his body would still be anywhere in the locale? I caught a dozen blue crabs in a 2 hour single trap soak weekend before last. Can't be a pretty scene if it is him.

I dont know where he was headed. I should hear something this afternoon. He was dropping what he was doing and getting his stuff together.

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) - Nearly a year after a tragic disappearance, a family is renewing its call for answers as SLED joins the investigation.

Tyler Doyle’s family claims the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) did not properly investigate his case, following his disappearance in January.

Doyle’s Aunt, Sharon Boyd said she is hopeful SLED will help them get real answers.

“It could be what they said, that he drowned, but you don’t get to tell me that my nephew drowned, and he’s in heaven if you didn’t find him,” said Boyd.

Boyd said DNR didn’t take her concerns seriously. She said the department told her and her family to go to church and pray, rather than continue looking for Doyle.

The search started a year ago after SCDNR said 22-year-old Doyle vanished when his boat drifted out into the rough Atlantic waters, while he and a friend were out duck hunting.

Boyd said the friends had been carrying guns, which she said weren’t properly investigated after Doyle’s disappearance.

“There was a firearm involved in this,” said Boyd. “There were only two people, and one of them didn’t come back.”

Boyd has spent nearly a year, fighting for a deeper investigation. That investigation could involve retrieving Doyle’s and his friend’s phone records, but the clock is ticking for authorities to make a discovery.

“There are things that disappear after a year with technology,” said Boyd.

A close family friend made fliers titling Doyle as a ‘Missing Duck Hunter’, as they pus to keep his case active. While they continue to put pressure on authorities, they’re also preparing to spend their first-ever holiday season without Doyle.

“Thinking about never being able to talk to him again is the most difficult thing I could ever imagine,” said Boyd. “It’s been so hard for all of us, and I’m never going to stop fighting for him, because he would do the same for me.”

Friends and family have also started a petition known as ‘Tyler’s Beacon.’

If the petition gets sponsored and filed, it would require all hunters and fishermen in the state of South Carolina to be issued a waterproof beacon with a serial number. In the event a person goes missing, the traceable device could help locate them in the event of an emergency.

The petition was started in March 2023 and currently has over 6,500 signatures.

Doyle’s family said they started the petition to create more awareness in hopes that no family goes through what they’re experiencing.

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2023/12/12/...investigation/

An unspeakable tragedy, but NO to more tracking and regulation.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master