Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chicken feed

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Not saying it’s bullshit but I would really like to see the study on this one.
    Glyphosate has antibiotic properties and can be tough on microbes both in the soils and your gut so I could see where it could mess up a chicken laying but the vast majority of animal feeds in this country are roundup resistant crops so for the TSC brand to have twice the levels would surprise me.
    I have the same questions, and I wasn’t able to verify the info posted be everlast, which is why I asked for a link.

Toofer, I realize that you’re always going to act like a pugnacious Democrat who says people do, say, and think things you have no proof of, so I’ll continue to consider you as the forum jackal. In this case, fyi, I have the same questions as to the validity and real meaning of the reported study results.

In the meantime, pull up a thumb and have a seat.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I'm not a chicken owner, but I saw something the other day that I found interesting. A dude was mixing in chopped red peppers into his flock's feed. Like spicy peppers. Said chickens can't taste hot stuff... benefit was that it helps prevent worms.

Wasn't sure if this was common knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I've heard that many times even red pepper flakes before the great chicken feed debate of 2023.

You can also add oyster shells and or limestone to the feed to get a more rigid egg structure.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot