Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chicken feed

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    purina said no change to feed.
    anything else stupid you wanna say?

and I'm miserable bc my chickens lay eggs?

I dont follow that reasoning.

I'm NOT miserable bc I dont argue about chicken feed with people that dont own chickens.

Who's on first?
    I'm not surprised that Purina said there was 'no change'. It turns out that both of these feeds in question, Producers Pride and Dumor, are BOTH TSC brands, but the Dumor is contract manufactured/packaged by Purina in the East, and, supposedly, Cargill in the West. So, yes, Purina can cleanly say "they didn't make any changes to the recipe/formula".

I would be willing to bet, however, based on my own experiences in manufacturing, that someone in the TSC management/purchasing/manufacturing chain found a cheaper ingredient (or two, three, four...), which resulted in a lower nutrient formula, even though the "recipe" remained the same.

Btw, there is "... supposedly, according to a TSC employee..." a class action lawsuit being filed against them over this feed issue. I have not found evidence of it yet, so I guess we'll see. But apparently I didn't start this conspiracy theory, doc, in case you haven't admitted that to yourself, yet.

And believe me or not, I really don't give a Tinker's Damn what you do or think, toofer. You're still a miserable human being.

You still never said what TSC feed you give your chickens. Instead you've tried to make it sound like nobody else should be having any issues since you aren't.

And, no, I don't currently own any chickens. I'm paying attention to the issue(s) because I plan on adding some of my own to my hunting buddy's flock, or start a new one with my neighbor. My wife and I use almost 2 dozen eggs per week, so it makes sense as the price creeps up higher and higher and availability becomes an issue... but, I realize you don't give a shit anyway. Hopefully I'm boring you or even keeping you from taking a good crap for now... or learning how to grease your chokes and clean your firearms like real outdoorsmen/women know how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    I have 2 pairs of mallards and can’t keep up.
    Drop the chicks and pick up some ducks instead.
    Attachment 81355
    Cool stuff, PalmettoTrooper! How long did it take to get that many eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Well, my FIL changed his feed from Producers Pride to Nutrena, and a week later 2 of his 6 hens are laying again. Bear in mind, they went nearly 2 months without laying an egg- strange even for winter time.

Not sure what that proves or disproves, but he's thinking that if the others start laying soon, he'll stick with the Nutrena. His hens don't free range, unless he's outside and turns them out in the afternoon.
    Well, dang, Slaya, it's interesting to hear that your FIL, along with Phone Man(?) and a few others, here have also seen this issue, which according to toofer doesn't exist. Glad to hear he got it cleared up.

toofer, I dare you to take this issue up with JABIII, since he's the one who posted this "fake conspiracy issue".
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

i cant read all that. can anyone cliff note it, please?
    Gbelly said he got 6 eggs today.
    from 6 chickens.
    I am not scouring the internet for the next big weather balloon to worry about....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I think he said blah blah blah and some he said he heard something that’s not backed up blah blah and he wants you to fight Jab.

I had always fed my layers a Nutrena meatbird feed until it got to $25 and couldn't justify it, so I switched to Producers Pride layer feed in October.

The eggs stopped.

After JAB posted this, I bought two bags of Nutrena layer feed. Exactly one week later the eggs are rolling again. I'm not gonna look into it any deeper....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i cant read all that. can anyone cliff note it, please?
    Gbelly said he got 6 eggs today.
    from 6 chickens.
    I am not scouring the internet for the next big weather balloon to worry about....
    Cliff notes... you're a miserable

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I think he said blah blah blah and some he said he heard something that’s not backed up blah blah and he wants you to fight Jab.
    At least you got the last part right... good job.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I had always fed my layers a Nutrena meatbird feed until it got to $25 and couldn't justify it, so I switched to Producers Pride layer feed in October.

The eggs stopped.

After JAB posted this, I bought two bags of Nutrena layer feed. Exactly one week later the eggs are rolling again. I'm not gonna look into it any deeper....
    Be careful, CurLee... toofer will stop talking to you if you side with me and the others who agree with you.
    ~ George Washington

Not siding with anybody, stopped reading y'all's back and forth two pages ago. Just stating what I've experienced.

hey curlee
    you have great hair.
    and chickens

the end

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmet Gobbler View Post
    She could egg the head of the HOAs house. That’ll learn her.
    That wouldn't work for 2 reasons.

1. Eggs are too expensive.

2. I'm the head of the HOA.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

^^^ so you're a Nazi.

Supposedly.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

My 8 hens went from 2 every 3 days to 6 a day since about 3 days after switching feeds from TSC brand
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    everlast, would you please post a link to that info?

Thanks.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Not saying it’s bullshit but I would really like to see the study on this one.
    Glyphosate has antibiotic properties and can be tough on microbes both in the soils and your gut so I could see where it could mess up a chicken laying but the vast majority of animal feeds in this country are roundup resistant crops so for the TSC brand to have twice the levels would surprise me.
    cut\'em

this just interests me to no end.
    People are gonna people. you grab a headline and run with it. It becomes somewhat of an obsession to continue to find google articles that seemingly support your opinion. Its some strange meth habit in what most would consider "normal" people. No matter what i say, everlast and woodie will continue to smirk, turn up their noses, and tell me how miserable and wrong I am. What are the known levels of Gly in chicken feed? How much is too much? Is twice 0.0001% too much? Does it really matter to them? I bet not....

I find this type of behavior interesting. I wish I didnt because I certainly poke the bear to see the results. Anecdotally, I am still feeding my 6 chickens and they produce about 6 eggs a day but this data never enters the google....

Much like 22 bullets never being made again, Trump losing the election, chickens never laying again, and pretty much every internet drama...people need to slow their roll a bit when it comes to tiktok-manufactured paranoid worries. Knock over a monument, riot, take down a flag, etc. they are kneejerk reactions that likely needed to be investigated and carefully pondered before reacting. but that's just not the way people people any more and its kinda sad.

Hardees still has plenty of Sausage and Egg. They must not use Glyphosate.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-20-2023 at 08:15 AM.

Hardees doesn't feed their chickens TSC feed.

google "glyphosate in chicken feed" and get back to me.
    look at dates on articles, etc.

amazing world we live in....

But you dont care, right?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

certainly you can see my point, right?

if not, then I can give a long drawn out answer into how I dont care....and continue to feed tsc food and get eggs.

I'm not a chicken owner, but I saw something the other day that I found interesting. A dude was mixing in chopped red peppers into his flock's feed. Like spicy peppers. Said chickens can't taste hot stuff... benefit was that it helps prevent worms.

Wasn't sure if this was common knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-20-2023 at 04:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft