Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROTC

Default ROTC

Is this available in the Home School realm? I see a military draft coming quickly...

i can think of several reasons that might be the case, but what makes you say?
    Last edited by everlast; 01-26-2023 at 02:48 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

will there be consequences of USA and Germany sending tanks to Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    None other than it's a further depletion of the our military.

Recruiting goals are not being met to maintain our forces. Two extended wars without ANY political support for the military and wokness are driving young folks away in droves. Soldiers with less than 10 years are saying adios
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2023 at 03:08 PM.

And the pay's not bad. Light years better than many civilian options with no college degree or trade experience.

A cold war isn't out of the question. Arms build up, proxy wars...
    Last edited by w33kender; 01-26-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Not gonna be cold...

Global warming solution. Nuclear winter.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Where do I sign up for a free tank?

This is Europe's war but we will be involved no doubt. I just hope cooler heads will prevail. Not Zelensky or our war hawks in congress. These people are not our allies or our friends. They helped give you the biden administration. Ukraine is no particular friend to USA. However it is not a soldiers choice of where to fight.
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2023 at 04:05 PM.

I may get flamed for this and it is in no way, shape, or form a slight to our military members, past and present, but if you were 17 years old and had the maturity and wisdom that you hopefully have as an adult, would you sign up for the military or as a parent encourage your child to do so? This has nothing to do with being unpatriotic or any nonsense like that, so spare the bullshit comments.

My cousin is in a recruiting unit in the Army NG in a western state and we have talked at length about this topic. Its not as cut and dry as it seems.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

No
    Glad mine changed their minds
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    No
    Glad mine changed their minds
    Why not?

I didn't sign up until I was 25. I have had no regrets about serving. I'm coming up on 21 years now. The shortage in people definitely has the path to advancement wide open at this point. I'm contemplating retirement though and seriously grinding out the pros and cons of getting out. I can assure you that the money isn't the problem. I'm in the six figures at this point and living quite comfortably even while paying $1000 a month in child support. There are still plenty of benefits in joining the military and making a career out of it.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I may get flamed for this and it is in no way, shape, or form a slight to our military members, past and present, but if you were 17 years old and had the maturity and wisdom that you hopefully have as an adult, would you sign up for the military or as a parent encourage your child to do so? This has nothing to do with being unpatriotic or any nonsense like that, so spare the bullshit comments.

My cousin is in a recruiting unit in the Army NG in a western state and we have talked at length about this topic. Its not as cut and dry as it seems.
    Not now, I wouldn't. Not with all the woke bullshit going on. I joined later than most and never had any thought of joining until about 6 hours before I walked into a recruiters office. I turned 23 in boot camp at Parris Island.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Well for me, I am flat footed.

I don't trust the decisions our govt makes with those who selfishly take an oath. I don't trust the reasons they would send MY kid into harms way.

I applaud and respect those that have and will sign up. I am grateful for their service.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Jesus Christ. Pull your heads out...

It will be called WW3.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    It will be called Armageddon .
    FIFY
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud