Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of LB Wannamaker

Default The end of LB Wannamaker

Just read Mr Luther is for all intents and purposes closing up shop! I hate to read that but I knew it was likely coming. He ran a great business and is extremely knowledgeable! Looks like he will continue to consult so that is a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

DAMN!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Well that sucks.

I would have thought he would retire soon but hand it on to the next in line
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Wish I had a thousand of those zipper bags...

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Well that sucks.

I would have thought he would retire soon but hand it on to the next in line
    Unfortunately there is no next in line.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

My GOSH this is a LEGEND.

I learned so much from this man. His research in the field is indisputable!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

It hurt when I read it. When I first started managing properties for wildlife he was the key that helped me get going. He took hours helping me through laying out properties, reading soil samples, helping with lime and fertilizer contacts across the southeast, and designing a plan for plantings based on overall management of the properties. When I would need to pick up a seed order late at night or on a weekend he was always available to help. I truly wouldn’t be where I am today without Mr. Luther.
    Last edited by ceddy; 01-25-2023 at 11:20 PM.
    For the ducks

He put out a video, mute if you don’t like the flute playing. (it’s not the Marshall Tucker kind)

Just drove by. The office is lit up, but the warehouse door is standing open and it's totally empty.

Not really interested in their seed, but am quite interested in that power flute music

you were 15 min from him the other day. i'd pay money to see the two of you chatting...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The flutist? Bc I'm pretty sure that was Kenny G on cocaine and a grade school recorder

The only thing I ever purchased from them was naked oats. Mainly because I did not have another source. For those that used them, I am told Mixon seed company should have naked oats this year.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 01-31-2023 at 09:10 AM.

I was fortunate enough to be invited on one of his September dove hunts a few years ago. Cleanest sunflower fields I have ever seen. Nothing but sunflowers and bare dirt. There were more than enough guns for the acreage he had but there were so many birds it didn't matter much. Everyone was respectful of other hunters and a lot of us were done within an hour. The food and fellowship were great and he sent each of us home with a mason jar of bare oats.

Looks like Mixon Seed has bought the site and going to continue operations in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Looks like Mixon Seed has bought the site and going to continue operations in some fashion.
    I believe they will headquarter their Southland Wildlife Seed division out of the location.

Mixon had some good stuff. Wannamaker stuff was awesome though.

Amazing what marketing will do.
    cut\'em

They are open and have several of the same seed blends, but not all. Packaging is not as convenient though.