Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pipe Smoking

Default Pipe Smoking

I'm sure this will get a lot of jokes but pipe smoking has always appealed to me. Not like captains hat and smoking jacket style but more old country folk style. Cigars are too much for frequent smoking for me so I thought might be nice to sit on the porch, smoke a pipe and look at the creek.

Who smokes? What's good? Educate me.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Got a decent pipe and used to smoke it more but haven’t fired it up in approx 25 years. I need to dig it out. I mainly smoke cigars now days

Most cigar shops have pipe tobacco also. They may hand some good pipes too.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 12-30-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Interested as well. Tired of the cigar ashtray dog shit mouth for three days after even with a good cigar.

I do miss that smell but have never tried it.

"Shore mother's a whore, Trebek."
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Have an electronically controlled humidor with great selection of cigars but seems like these days all keep check on it

Just do not smoke them like I used to

For many years my Dad smoked a pipe and I have thought about that a few times just have never got around to it

My biggest problem w cigar is it takes a good hour to enjoy one and most days when I get home just do ot have time to sit down and enjoy one.

Plenty of times i will take one to the deer stand in afternoons

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    My biggest problem w cigar is it takes a good hour to enjoy one and most days when I get home just do ot have time to sit down and enjoy one.
    my issue as well.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Serious question. Why would you want pick up an unhealthy habit that you don’t have?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Glass pipe and kush
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    Serious question. Why would you want pick up an unhealthy habit that you don’t have?
    I love to smoke a cigar, BUT it's not a habit. It's an occasional 3-4 times a year thing.

For those that don't have an hour to smoke a cigar, you can always buy a one hitter and go 420 friendly.

Just saying. Plus it may open a new channel in your mind you didn't know was there.

Squatty 420 would be the authority on that but never fly a shuttle high or you will die like he did.

RIP Squatty

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    For those that don't have an hour to smoke a cigar, you can always buy a one hitter and go 420 friendly.
    Its way better for than alcohol. Do it for your health.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    Valid question but how unhealthy is it? Doesn't have all the additives that cigarettes do and I wouldn't be inhaling. Basically burning tobacco incense but providing a bit of the airflow
    -Samuel Adams

Bill didn't either!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I wouldn’t kid yourself into thinking that there are no health repercussions but yes there are certainly worse habits to pick up.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Brown Liquor + Cigar = throat cancer
    Windows Down!

Smoking sucks. You stink after. That is all. I grew out of thinking it was cool at about 19. Knock yourself out.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I’ve never seen anybody start smoking a pipe. I always assumed folks who look like they belong with one were born with it.

I know if I tried that crap my blood circle of friends would have a field day hazing me about it.