Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting close to home…

Quote Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
    Among my many other thoughts I see that group of 4 adults sitting there talking. All four of them drawing a check and earning a living off the public dollar. But what are they adding to society? No consumable goods, no necessary service. Nothing, literally just drawing a check to push that ridiculousness.
    They're adding more "transgender" children into society and that is their only goal.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Agree. My wife taught in public school for 20 years. We moved our boys to a small private school 2 years ago and my wife moved there this year. We've had to make some financial sacrifices but my only regret is not doing it sooner
    And if DT would quit worrying about what the courts are gonna say and take the huge majority we have in the GA and ram through putting the dollars in the backpacks you and Jimmy would be compensated for your sacrifice. The new Iowa law is so broad my fear is some fraud could possibly take place but what other program doesnt have fraud, but as long as it busts up the monopoly it is well worth some initial fraud that will get weeded out eventually.

My biggest fear would be some dead beat claiming homeschool and taking the money and not actually schooling the kid. I'm all for homeschooling, but that is the one problem I have with putting the money in the backpacks to homeschoolers. I'm all for ideas of how to counter my scenario.

I thought about possibly doing a tax credit for the homeschooler because if you are truly homeschooling and doing it right one parent is busting their ass working while the other isnt and getting hammered on the taxes so that would be a huge relief, while keeping the dead beats from abusing it because they aren't gonna work anyway so the tax break will not help them.

Then the other students whom choose to attend a private or public school would be allowed to doo so and whatever the difference is in cost goes back to the state and returned to the tax payer.

Public schools would quickly have to tighten their belts and teachers would be able to command the salaries they deserved. I question how come it takes almost 2.5x more on average to educate a kid in Flo county public schools compared to the private counter parts which from experience turn out students much more ready for the real world & in the last 20-25 years give them critical thinking skills verses meorizational skills.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    And if DT would quit worrying about what the courts are gonna say and take the huge majority we have in the GA and ram through putting the dollars in the backpacks you and Jimmy would be compensated for your sacrifice. The new Iowa law is so broad my fear is some fraud could possibly take place but what other program doesnt have fraud, but as long as it busts up the monopoly it is well worth some initial fraud that will get weeded out eventually.

My biggest fear would be some dead beat claiming homeschool and taking the money and not actually schooling the kid. I'm all for homeschooling, but that is the one problem I have with putting the money in the backpacks to homeschoolers. I'm all for ideas of how to counter my scenario.

I thought about possibly doing a tax credit for the homeschooler because if you are truly homeschooling and doing it right one parent is busting their ass working while the other isnt and getting hammered on the taxes so that would be a huge relief, while keeping the dead beats from abusing it because they aren't gonna work anyway so the tax break will not help them.

Then the other students whom choose to attend a private or public school would be allowed to doo so and whatever the difference is in cost goes back to the state and returned to the tax payer.

Public schools would quickly have to tighten their belts and teachers would be able to command the salaries they deserved. I question how come it takes almost 2.5x more on average to educate a kid in Flo county public schools compared to the private counter parts which from experience turn out students much more ready for the real world & in the last 20-25 years give them critical thinking skills verses meorizational skills.
    You've already got my vote if you run for local office.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    And not one damn thing will change unless you start standing up for what you believe in and not putting up with it. There is no way in hell I would even consider putting (or leaving) my child in a public school in this country right now. Yes, I know that's painting with a broad brush, but I don't care. Refer to my first sentence......
    Right? So here’s the real question. Who’s gonna do it? One guy can’t change it. We’re all working and trying to make a good life for our family, meanwhile all these leftist douchebags are working in our blind spots. And like the guy above said, 12 mothers are openly supporting this non binary bullshit at a church school? Maybe I read that wrong. Hope so.

What are we waiting for? John Conner? And everyone is quick to point out how we have to be reasonable, talk about it, be calm and civilized. Sure. And then you’ll look up a few years from now and the damage to your children is done. This is the same soy boy argument against Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Without going into detail, I can tell you that this is way closer to home than I ever imagined. I have seen no evidence of indoctrination of children in any of the schools my children have attended, but I can tell you, forced acceptance of these ideas is happening in places that I can’t get my head around. It happened last year in my 4 year old son’s church preschool in Columbia. In the church where my family attends. In the school where each of my two children attended for 3 years, where my wife was the class mom, where the director of the school is a close friend of ours, and where the teacher in this specific class was a family friend. I can tel you, from my experience, that you have very little choice but to accept it, or remove your child. I raised Holy Hell about it, and was told, the we were “just trying to deal with it until May”. The acceptance of these ideas by good Christian conservative mothers in a text thread between the class moms, when the idea was introduced by the specific child’s mother would make you sick to your stomach. Of 14 other moms, 12 outwardly supported the child and mother, one was silent, and my wife took issue.

I can also tell you, from my experience, that this was absolutely nothing more than a young lady that liked to play with trucks at recess, was in a home where the family had another a new baby (a boy), and that boy had simply taken attention from this child, and she was trying to regain that attention. Nothing more. Classic child psychology. It’s utterly disgusting that a parent, the adult in the room, would not only be open to, but support this idea in a fucking 4 year old.

There are mountains more details, but I truly feel some sympathy for the father in this situation, in spite of the fact that he cussed me like a dog that had shit on a new couch. All I’m saying is, pay attention, and advocate for your child.
    That was pretty well detailed.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Right? So here’s the real question. Who’s gonna do it? One guy can’t change it. We’re all working and trying to make a good life for our family, meanwhile all these leftist douchebags are working in our blind spots. And like the guy above said, 12 mothers are openly supporting this non binary bullshit at a church school? Maybe I read that wrong. Hope so.

What are we waiting for? John Conner? And everyone is quick to point out how we have to be reasonable, talk about it, be calm and civilized. Sure. And then you’ll look up a few years from now and the damage to your children is done. This is the same soy boy argument against Trump.
    No, one guy can't change it. One guy can only do what one guy can do.

That's why FEETDOWN and his family made the decision for his wife to teach at private school and have their children attend there.

That's why my wife and I made the decision for her to stop working altogether and homeschool. None of those is us saying we need to be reasonable or talk about it. It's us saying, "screw your system, we're pulling our children away from this garbage".

As the homeschool and switching to private school momentums continue to grow, that's how this gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

It's gonna take more people doing what we did. But we're back to that whole "sacrifice" thing, and most people are either unwilling or too selfish to step out of their comfort zones. (see Boozer's soccer moms getting in line with the psycho parents at the church school)
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 01-25-2023 at 10:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Unfortunately so many women are liberal minded and in a group, they become sheep and want to support what looks best on the outside to their liberal peers. My wife has distanced herself from these “groups” of women. She isn’t a follower or a sheep and her conservative beliefs are strong. I am glad my teen daughter has a good role model for a mother and she understands the foundation that we have built for our family.

We have been in a similar situation as boozer and that relationship with those people who were pushing that agenda was quickly ended. Our circle gets smaller all the time and we are ok with being on the island that serves best for MY family.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Unfortunately so many women are liberal minded and in a group, they become sheep and want to support what looks best on the outside to their liberal peers. My wife has distanced herself from these “groups” of women. She isn’t a follower or a sheep and her conservative beliefs are strong. I am glad my teen daughter has a good role model for a mother and she understands the foundation that we have built for our family.

We have been in a similar situation as boozer and that relationship with those people who were pushing that agenda was quickly ended. Our circle gets smaller all the time and we are ok with being on the island that serves best for MY family.
    Amen. I'm lucky my wife does the same and is a great role model of a Godly woman for my daughter. We speak truth in the home and address it all around the dinner table. One great conversation was generated when we made the decision to not let them go somewhere and my daughter in her best whining voice said "I don't understand why we always have to be different than everybody else." We explained why and it was at that point I was shown we aren't perfect parents but we're doing okay.

ETA; I remember now. It was a birthday party for a girl in their class that has "two moms" and our kids got invited to the birthday party at their home. We didn't let them go but let them, my daughter specifically, take her present and give it to her at school.
    Last edited by Glenn; 01-25-2023 at 11:39 AM.

But I'm the crazy one for wanting my wife to homeschool our children... These threads are always fascinating to me because of all that is said, then most of y'all send your kids right back into it.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    But I'm the crazy one for wanting my wife to homeschool our children... These threads are always fascinating to me because of all that is said, then most of y'all send your kids right back into it.
    Same here. "Oh, you homeschool? But how will your kids get social interaction??"

You mean social interaction like being forced to wear masks and being read stories by a man wearing a dress and ridiculous makeup? Nah, we're good.

Our oldest daughter has no issues at all socializing with the kids in our neighborhood and at church.

"Are you sure you're qualified to teach the subjects to her though?" She's plenty smart. At 5 she's already flying through 1st grade math.

"But they won't fit in with society!" The society we're seeing develop? Good, that's the point. We don't want our daughters fitting in with that.

If our daughters "fit in" with this degenerate society we're seeing get worse by the day then we've failed as parents.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 01-25-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Haha, the "type of people" who oppose her pride flag. You mean, "sane people"?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    The best way to take a stand against it is to either homeschool or send your kids to private school. We made the decision in early 2021 for my wife to stop working and take care of our oldest daughter. Now she's 5 and would be in public Kindergarten but instead she's home getting an actual education instead of a state-funded brainwashing of this filth. We now have 2 girls and plan to homeschool both of them.

Honestly we need more of yall to homeschool your children so our daughters have normal, masculine men to marry one day. What's being churned out of the public school system gets worse by the year.

Even though we homeschool, both of us have gotten involved at the local level to keep "transgender" books out of the children's curriculums. Some of the stuff we've had to argue against, you'd think this was San Francisco, not South Carolina.
    You seem to have a warped, twisted mind....think your tin foil hat is on just a little too tight.

ETA: Folks, just be involved in your child's rearing...YOU AS PARENTS teach them right from wrong, rather than relying on someone to do it in your absence. That way, when they encounter it "in the wild", they will know and recognize it for what it is. I see it every day in kids I coach, kids I manage, and kids I try to hire. They simply aren't prepared to deal with things outside their "bubble"...
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-26-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    You seem to have a warped, twisted mind....think your tin foil hat is on just a little too tight.

ETA: Folks, just be involved in your child's rearing...YOU AS PARENTS teach them right from wrong, rather than relying on someone to do it in your absence. That way, when they encounter it "in the wild", they will know and recognize it for what it is. I see it every day in kids I coach, kids I manage, and kids I try to hire. They simply aren't prepared to deal with things outside their "bubble"...
    I have a warped, twisted mind because I don't think books about "transgender" people should be read to young kids? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    My wife is head of the three year old department in a Christian preschool.

They receive training from NAECY…
    Is the school affiliated with a specific denomination?
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    I have a warped, twisted mind because I don't think books about "transgender" people should be read to young kids? Interesting.
    Everybody is not out to get you, nor your offspring.

Come on back over to the normal side...

I don't think people should cuss in front of my kids either....doesn't mean that I don't let them leave the house. Teach them what's right, what's wrong, and to stand up for themselves/others when necessary.

ETA: The key to dealing with and/or changing society is definitely not "shelter in place".
    Last edited by FishSticker; 01-26-2023 at 08:48 AM.

I never said everybody. I said a growing number are and it's evident. If they weren't then they wouldn't be so adamant about introducing this filth to such a young audience.

The video I posted showed otherwise. While it may not be “everybody” I’d say even one teacher pushing this on a mind as young and as malleable as those children’s is certainly warped and twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Is the school affiliated with a specific denomination?
    UMC.