Thread: Sprinco or Geissele Super 42 Springs

Default Sprinco or Geissele Super 42 Springs

I’ve read that the Super 42 AR-15 springs were developed for DEVGRU and, along improving the lifespan, they all but eliminate the ‘twang’ in the stock tube.. At the same time the Sprinco springs with the various strengths are reputedly top shelf, but do they also reduce or eliminate the noise?

Am I correct that the Super 42 carbine springs will only work with a special Geissele buffer?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

No. Super 42 will work in any standard mil spec carbine buffer. Never heard that seal business about them before. They do get rid of the twang. Beyond that I’ve seen no appreciable difference between that and a regular buffer spring. Best thing smoking is an A5 rifle length buffer with sprinco green spring. H2 or H3 buffer. AR15 ain’t recoil intensive to begin with. But the rifle length buffer system smooths it way out. If you really wanna giggle, out skip the buffer stuff and get a BRT EZ tune gas tube. There ain’t a whole lot of difference in the recoil of my son’s red Ryder and my 10.5 inch. Gas control is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    No. Super 42 will work in any standard mil spec carbine buffer. Never heard that seal business about them before. They do get rid of the twang. Beyond that I’ve seen no appreciable difference between that and a regular buffer spring. Best thing smoking is an A5 rifle length buffer with sprinco green spring. H2 or H3 buffer. AR15 ain’t recoil intensive to begin with. But the rifle length buffer system smooths it way out. If you really wanna giggle, out skip the buffer stuff and get a BRT EZ tune gas tube. There ain’t a whole lot of difference in the recoil of my son’s red Ryder and my 10.5 inch. Gas control is everything.
    I must have stated something wrong. I don’t care about recoil other than faster follow-up shots. I’m interested in eliminating the ‘twang’ of the standard spring and, to some degree, an improvement of longevity.

The stuff about Geissele and DEVGRU is in the Super 42 description, so don’t know any more than that.

I’ve got a green Sprinco coming for my neighbor’s A2 rifle on an order, just wondering if the Sprinco springs deaden the ‘twang’ like the Super 42’s do.
    ~ George Washington

I went off on a tangent. No twang with the sprinco springs that I’ve observed

I found a red one in one of my spare parts boxes, but those are for carbine gas/over-gassed rifles, so I’ll order a blue and try it out.

Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 01-14-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    ~ George Washington