Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Open Apology

Default My Open Apology

So I’ve been a member here for nearly 13 years now and I have enjoyed it immensely. I’ve met some great people, gotten some really cool opportunities, had some great laughs, and learned quite a few things. In all that time I have never been banned, not even once, until this year where I have received not one but two bans. The second time, seemingly the most unwarranted, left me a little more upset than I would like to mention. So much so that I took it upon myself to email certain moderators to question the legitimacy of the ban, even worse, that I did this on my weekend time, time that could have been better spent with family. Sadly, that fact didn’t dawn on me until the early morning hours of this past Sunday. I have to admit I was a little ashamed of myself and thought it would be best to take some time to reflect on that.

Today I was stopped at a traffic light when I noticed a flock of black birds passing over head. The wave of bird after bird undulating overhead was mesmerizing and I begin to contemplate that every dot in the sky was a bird and each bird had a life and God knew about that bird. Then I looked down at the street and every car passing by or stopped beside me and the thought that every car had a person in it and that every person was either destined to hell or to heaven and all of that became so burdensome to me. And I remembered that I can’t save any of those people, only God can do that, but I can do my level best to love them, that’s what I’m charged to do.

And then I thought back to this place and how I’ve been acting, I haven’t been very Christ-like as of late. I’ve been brash and argumentative. And that’s not to say that godly men can’t pick and tease and debate one another, I’m not saying that. What I have been has been more that. I’ve been vindictive and condescending. I’ve wanted to be right and I’ve wanted to rub peoples faces in it. It’s been shameful and I need to apologize to anyone and everyone (Fish, Tater, Ducktape) who has had to read it or receive it. That’s not the person I want to be, because that’s not who my Savior is. Again, I am very sorry and I hope my actions did not reflect poorly on the God who I profess.

In light of this, I’m taking a step back from the forums. I’m not saying I won’t get on from time to time, I do enjoy conversing with you all. But I believe God is doing some serious work in my life right now and it would be a far better use of my time to work on my relationship with him. I hope you all have a great rest of your duck season and I’ll catch you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

its just a hunting forum
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Wow. Really powerful and thanks for the reminder as we all truly need to be reminded of what really matters in this world. We are only here for a short while and then the next stop is eternity. I will pray that God continues to work in your life. " I am confident that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" Phil 1:6.

Nicely done, Wes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbrhntr View Post
    Wow. Really powerful and thanks for the reminder as we all truly need to be reminded of what really matters in this world. We are only here for a short while and then the next stop is eternity. I will pray that God continues to work in your life. " I am confident that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ" Phil 1:6.
    Bubba said it best. I can't tell you the number of times I've typed something... let it sit... posted it, and then gone back and deleted the post before anyone could quote it or respond. I'm very careful to what I post. I know all opinions are different. We don't always see things the same way, but we are all children of God. We all all have commonalities, but that doesn't mean we are all the same. You're bigger than most for admitting "it".

i aint admitting shit
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I applaud your boldness

You are exactly where you are supposed to be right now; we all are. It is tougher to hear and understand when you are in a bad place, but not less true. Now, none of us are condemned to stay there, but it is best to figure out why and how you got here before you move forward.

Here is scripture, that believe it or not, I found in some member's signature many years ago when I was in a bad way. It has strengthened me, and maybe it will you as well:

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I applaud your boldness

thanks. Its step one in my one step program.

and maggie i think that was in artdevilish's sig? i disremember....

Paul knew what was up.

it was just a bunch of letters....

I'm not a superstitious type but back sassin' the Bible doesn't seem like the smartest play.

I'll be standing way over here so I don't get hit too.

It was the apology to Fish that made me believe this was a genuine, spiritual moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm not a superstitious type but back sassin' the Bible doesn't seem like the smartest play.

I'll be standing way over here so I don't get hit too.
    Betcha David Crosby’d agree with you right now.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sig worthy
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

SCDUCKS appears to be in support of free speech until they aren’t. Butthurt feelings along with the power to ban someone doesn’t enable SCDUCKS to practice what most preach on here. You did nothing wrong. It’s moderators that don’t have the gonads to message you and work something out. They’d rather just slam the ban hammer down and act like they have done something. Nothing wrong with debate, some of those guys just want to ban someone when the heat gets to be too warm versus have a logical reasonable debate. Didn’t Brad Paisley sing a song about being so much cooler online
    Last edited by jevans; 01-23-2023 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and maggie i think that was in artdevilish's sig? i disremember....
    I think you are correct. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I don't see what you said that warranted a ban but if you feel you need a break, then by all means take a break. I did the same thing not long ago. Hope you come back soon! You seem to be well liked around here.

Shoot if you got banned for what you've said lately I'm surprised my account hasn't been deleted altogether for all the corn bashing I've done!

People sometimes take this stuff way too seriously though. I don't hold a grudge against anyone here. And if/when I cross paths with the people I got in the most heated arguments about baiting on here I'd just laugh about it and shake their hand. If things go sour it's because of them, not me.

I am a Christian as well and did not like some of the behavior I exhibited in those conversations, that's why I took a step back. And I mentioned lately that I'm done with that because it isn't productive and it isn't who I want to be regarded as.

We can't successfully be Christ-like all the time but we should try to be. And when we notice something starting to alter our behavior in a way that is not glorifying of Him, it is time to step back from what is causing it.