Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Murdaugh trial starts today

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    The motive of "keeping his financial schemes from unraveling" is weak when it comes to blowing your sons head off.
    Particularly when Poot is going to show an instagram post the gingerboy posted of him and his dad riding around the property together
    laughing and having a nice father/son moment......just an hour before the murder.
    I was thinking maybe a ton of life insurance on Maggie but not one word about insurance has been said.
    The two guns is key
    #reasonabledoubt
    Almost to sadistic for me to think about but people often take their dogs on a joy ride before stopping at the vet for the final time, just saying.

According to Prosecutor's opening statement-

https://www.live5news.com/2023/01/25...ents-conclude/

"Lead prosecutor Creighton Waters, in his opening statement to the jury, referenced a video sent by Paul just before the murders. In the video, Waters asserts that the voices of all three Murdaughs can be heard and are easily identifiable. He uses this to place Alex at the scene of the murders on the night of June 7, 2021.

The state points to a cell phone video taken around three minutes before the murders that puts Alex at the scene.

“Three minutes after a video shows he’s at the scene with the victims and he told everybody he was never there,” Waters said.

Waters says Paul’s phone went silent at 8:49 p.m. and he never read or sent another text or made a phone. Thirty seconds later, Waters said, Maggie’s phone went silent as well.

Waters also mentions that Alex had purchased three different .300 Blackout rifles, one for each of his sons in 2016 and a third in 2018 after Paul’s was stolen. Waters says investigators were only able to locate one of the rifles at the Moselle property."

Shell casings fired from the same rifle (the 3rd rifle that is missing?)were found in a flower bed by the house (target shooting off the porch), at a shooting range down the road and at the crime scene.

Poot has a lot of explaining to do IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippedtoe View Post
    Almost to sadistic for me to think about but people often take their dogs on a joy ride before stopping at the vet for the final time, just saying.
    I had to let that marinate for a moment.

The two guns ordeal doesn't make sense unless there are two shooters. Why would you shoot one with a rifle and the other with a shotgun. The bodies were together so you shoot one then change guns and shoot the other. Makes no sense but none of this make a whole lot of sense.
    Last edited by centurian; 01-26-2023 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    The two guns ordeal doesn't make sense unless there are two shooters. Why would you shoot one with a rifle and the other with a shotgun. The bodies were together so you shoot one then change guns and shoot the other. Makes no sense but none of this make a whole lot of sense.
    Let’s not forget he’s a pretty good attorney. An attorney that knows all too well how to put doubt in a case, be it before or after the crime. Not a far stretch to think, he thought it would put doubt in the story.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 01-26-2023 at 08:24 AM.

The casing thing doesnt hold water for me. Now let me say I dont know who killed those folks, but my wife has gotten wrapped up in all this and she has the man crucified at this point, but for other reasons but even she realized the casing thing was bs, as she laughed at the prosecutor saying stoop.

She said what if I were found dead in the yard, it would be hard not to be laying next to any shell casings if next to one of the shop buildings we have, think the dog kennel.
    The fact they found shell casings that match those and are at the porch and at any of the shooting ranges we have would certainly match we own the property. I'd hope they wouldnt pin the murder on you!

I agree I dont find it odd at all for a property that size in the country to have spent casings laying here there and yonder. And oh my what if they do match a particular gun.

And I'll go one step further.

I'm with the defense on the metallurgy of the casings. If you have 2 of the same run of AR style guns, due to the violent nature of the extraction process I would & could prove that I could fire from the same gun and change the extraction marks simply by holding the gun differently, firing it to the point it begins to heat up, changing the buffer spring and or buffer. Either of these will change the extraction marks 2 of which can be done with out even changing a part. That said due the those variables I dont know how one can conclusively state you are certain those casings came from that gun with the fact there were 3 on the property in the 4/5 year leading up to the murders. And who's to say someone else didnt have 300 BO at some point there?

The gun part is weak for me. I wanna see the geo tracking of the phone(s) I dont care about a voice some one may or might think they heard Alec on. Play music backwards and the devil will starts talking if you listen long enough.

But those cell towers are gonna ping the phone dead on where Alecs phone was at what time.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 01-26-2023 at 08:34 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Pretty easy to explain. If (if ) Big Red blasted Paul with the alleged over/under shotgun - twice, that gun is empty. In the heat of the moment, you gonna scrabble around looking for more ammo or just pick up the other weapon at hand that you know is loaded and get to work on Maggie before she makes it to a vehicle or cover?? Makes total sense to me.

For a point of fact, it’s known as a “ New York reload ‘’

From the decades old training process the NYPD taught from the days of six shot revolvers. Dump the primary gun when empty and get back in the fight with your secondary weapon. Much quicker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

or have a gun bearer!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

This has me wondering as well. Was the son shot, Maggie hears it & runs out. Maybe she sees something & panic sets in for mastermind & he begins firing on her from porch?

Never heard a time line on the shooting sequence or even if they could figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Pretty easy to explain. If (if ) Big Red blasted Paul with the alleged over/under shotgun - twice, that gun is empty. In the heat of the moment, you gonna scrabble around looking for more ammo or just pick up the other weapon at hand that you know is loaded and get to work on Maggie before she makes it to a vehicle or cover?? Makes total sense to me.

For a point of fact, it’s known as a “ New York reload ‘’

From the decades old training process the NYPD taught from the days of six shot revolvers. Dump the primary gun when empty and get back in the fight with your secondary weapon. Much quicker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    makes sense, and she was fleeing when shot the first time according to SLED. Shotgun useless, so he then grabbed Paul's 300Blk that Paul was known to leave down at the kennel and dropped her running away, then walked up and put the two in her head
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-26-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Creighton Adams said this morning in court that gun shot residue was found in AM's vehicle. That might be easy to create doubt about to the jury. He could say he'd been target practicing earlier, etc.

Just listened to the first LEO body camera footage..............He guilty
    Alex instantly goes to telling the cop "my son's been getting lots of threats, I know this is related to the boat accident"
    "I was just riding around in the truck with Paul earlier this afternoon"
    "I was at my Mother's house when this happened"
    Cop said no tears

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Creighton Adams said this morning in court that gun shot residue was found in AM's vehicle. That might be easy to create doubt about to the jury. He could say he'd been target practicing earlier, etc.
    if I owned a hunting plantation, i'd probably have GSR in all my vehicle

Again big whoop on gunpowder.

I went to pick my oldest up from the Charlotte airport right after I had visited my ortho which I had major knee survived the week prior for a follow up.

They had just resealed my bandages and one of the dogs hit me.

Now I’m not getting on a plane merely picking my kid up.

But they drug me to the side made me undress wanted me to take the bandage that is from my ankle to my crotch off and is said FU you’re crazy.

A) I’m not even trying to board a plane.
    B) I litterally have blood seeping through what the hell dude am I hiding bombs in my body?

After a thorough interrogation and them and the dog ravaging through my clothes
    We determined that it was spent powder on the back of my shirt and hat from riding in wait for it not even my truck but my wife’s car.

I just like to shoot a whole lot.
    What’s so odd about that?

I ride with my wife after I shoot omg what a crime maybe some of the residue gets left in the car.
    I generally wear the same hat every day would it possibly contain residue? Hell it probably has I burnt powder in and on it half the time from shooting anything from shotguns to mini guns.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

There's a lot to unwrap in that story, but I definitely want to party with you, Cowboy [SW338].

I heard the Mystery Machine is parked outside the courthouse.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 115331.png
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    makes sense, and she was fleeing when shot the first time according to SLED. Shotgun useless, so he then grabbed Paul's 300Blk that Paul was known to leave down at the kennel and dropped her running away, then walked up and put the two in her head
    Or was two weapons part of the premeditation to cast doubt by creating the appearance of 2 shooters?
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by duck nitz View Post
    i heard the mystery machine is parked outside the courthouse.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 115331.png
    zoiks!!!

New Bitmap Image.bmp

"He said Maggie was not answering her phone and that when he arrived at the kennels to check on them he found their bodies." Phone records and GPS are going to tell a story.