Thread: sun dried tomato sauce, wskinner

Default sun dried tomato sauce, wskinner

I play around with versions of this, some for pasta, and thicker for other things like those ducks

for that dish, I poured a little olive oil in a pan, then some finely diced shallots, rendered those to translucent. When I got those close, I added in a couple few full spoons of sundried tomatoes, a little bit of their oil in is fine, I used the ones diced and packed in olive oil. After those went in I added a couple cups of vege stock.. chicken I'm sure would be fine. I then added a little salt and pepper. Then reduced it down mid simmer to halfway, then added heavy cream to bring it back to the original level, and then reduced that back down halfway. I've added a little tab of butter to it before to give it a good shine. It's really simple, I will throw in some garlic and or shallots depending on what I have in the cupboard. I only had garlic powder last night, which does make it easier, but I needed to use that last shallot.

it's easier if you're doing it in a pan, time wise, if I'm doing it for a pasta I'll use a pot and make more.. with the pasta I'll thicken it if I'm in a hurry with some cream cheese.. it's cool with cheese ravioli, with a little pancetta in the sauce, along with some diced baby spinach. I call that my blt pasta, it's my oldest daughter's favorite.

Much appreciated.

yes sir