Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QDMA Beans.....

I’m not disagreeing with y’all

I’ve picked up a whole lot of bags of seed in my life.

I found these numbers very odd

But I’m relaying what they are telling me.

I’m willing to help and do my part.

I suspect in the end I will get burned and put way more into this than I want.

But I love deer and no matter what y’all think I do enjoy y’all and are willing to help and try and make this work out.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

If anyone is ordering in the Upstate, I can only use 2 bags as much of my normal planting area next door may be sold to a development company this Spring.

Just let me know.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I’m not disagreeing with y’all

I’ve picked up a whole lot of bags of seed in my life.

I found these numbers very odd

But I’m relaying what they are telling me.

I’m willing to help and do my part.

I suspect in the end I will get burned and put way more into this than I want.

But I love deer and no matter what y’all think I do enjoy y’all and are willing to help and try and make this work out.
    Yes sir, didnt mean to come across that. Just wanted to give you first hand experience. Your last sentence is exactly why we did it. We didnt get burned, but did have to put in more effort then we thought. Met some fine folks doing it.

My biggest frustation is why the QDMA Chapters didnt not step in more. Guess there wasnt enough alcohol or free swag.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 01-31-2023 at 12:36 PM.

i got to meet jevans.
    thats the only bright spot i can recall.

its a good price on good enough seed for deer to eat.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ok
    I just reviewed and helped modify the email that is gonna go out.

They are suppose to be revisiting the 400 per pallet to clarify that there will not be no more than 45-56 per skid.

They are using pallet in a very vague term.

According to them.

All that said.
    We are having our annual Big Buck supper this Saturday the 4th in Florence.

We have a live band that kicks ass wonderful food and plenty of door prizes.

QDMA is sending Rick Counts to set up a booth and sell some bean—-(purchases in person)
    And tout the beauties of deer management.

I would like to cordially invite all of you SC Dicks to the party!
    We usually get going about dark.

I can’t say enough about the experience.
    Live band food and we celebrate all the deer harvest and give some notoriety to the larger harvest.

It’s family friendly, until about 1 am when the strippers show up and we bust out the coke we tested to be sure there is no fent in it.

Up till then please feel free to enjoy your self and let your kids play with all the dump trucks and dirt toys and act like kids. We forbid any purple haired psychologist from assisting.

All we ask is buy a t-shirt and or a few raffle tickets
    It’s what keeps us going.

Thank you for considering coming.

If there is enough interest we will sit up a dunking booth and you can pay 10$ per 3 balls to dunk Jevans or SW338
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 01-31-2023 at 02:23 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

There isn’t a moderator on this forum/website with gonads big enough to try to dunk me, and 2th, meeting you was enjoyable. You easily rank in the top 35 I have ever met on here. I’m kidding, I have strived to be like you and look like you ever since I saw you.

I’ve never scene you carrying a soccer ball?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I'll pay $100 to dunk PBiz

pbiz cant swim
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    pbiz cant swim
    $100 to dunk Toof
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Leave it to QDMA.....

Apparently Rick is no longer with them. I got the call from the east coast office last night.

I honestly do not know what they plan on doing at this point. They are suppose to call back today. They for sure are a shit show!

Stay tuned. Here is the follow up email I got after 30 min on the phone.

SW338:

Thanks for talking to me on the phone this evening. Understandably, you have some hesitations with this seed program and how it will all work out. I brought two of my co-workers in on this so that you have their contact information as well.

Kip Adams has been overseeing this seed program for years. He understands the issues better than anyone I know, and is a great resource to help answer your questions about the entire program.

Heidi Kelly is the brains behind the online ordering process. I know this is extremely important to you because you don’t want to chase people for payment. As discussed this evening during our phone conversation, getting that link to you so that you have the right tools to get this thing running is a top priority.

I also attached a document (I’m not sure if Rick shared this with you or not) that helps explain the program. These are great tools to have on hand this weekend at your big buck bash for the folks who may be interested in ordering seed, but are not sure about the program. Don’t let the part about ordering through a “branch” scare you…we can walk you through that. Believe it or not, you have the hard part covered (a place to store the seed and a method to offload the truck). The rest is easy.

One, Two, or maybe even all three of us will be in touch with you at some point tomorrow. It is not often that I ask a total stranger to blindly trust me, but right now I don’t have any other option. You told me that you do this because you love deer. This organization exists because we all love deer…we’re in this together for the common good of that one critter that never ceases to give old timers “buck fever.” There is not much that brings more satisfaction than when sweat equity collide with opportunity, and we harvest deer over ground that we worked months before.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 02-02-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Ok, just got off the phone with Rick Counts. I can not say enough about his character.

I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with the Pa. aka the east coast headquarters for QDMA today.

Will have the portal in short order.

I do apologize for any and all confusion this is a mess. I know this. QDMA said they appreciated me sticking my head up to help, I appreciate all of you sticking in here to make it happen.

Chip Salek in Columbia has told Rick he will not be a drop site with out him involved.

I'm waiting on a number to call Chip and see if we cant work this out. SC is so different than other states in this regard, but I knowI need other folks help to pull this off!

I have a in person meeting with Charles Ruth in the am. I'm gonna do all I can to get this thing going, and I appreciate all of you alls patients.

I know sometimes I'm abrasive and come across as strange to many of you, but I hope we can all agree on growing our wildlife and its habitat.

Rick to his credit is still gonna come to our big buck contest Saturday night, and help promote the beans as wells as helping folks get into growing habitat for deer. The is on his own dime, and speaks volumes for him as a person.

I once again invite any of you interested in learning more about growing deer, listening to great music, and eating great food to show up! DM me for an address!

All is free, please buy a shirt and a few raffle tickets it's what makes the party happen.

You all have been great! Thank ou for your patience and help!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I will have a portal by tonight they are fixing a few issues at the moment. But we should go live tonight!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Anyway to get to some of these in the upstate? Thanks!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I’m working on man

I promise

I may joke and cut the fool but I’m doing all can

I’m trying. And will do all in my power

Thank you for your patience.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

10 bags if it comes together

They have to make 2 changes and as soon as they do we will go hot some all ready got the link, but I had to halt it because it has corn on it, and a slight issue with the branches.

I am working on it while you all are sleeping!

I do love these critters. I do not like the time crunch they have created. They could have made this so much easier, but I am working with in the confines handed to me.

Thank you,
    All for your patience!!!!

SW338
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Not sure if I can make the event, but I'll pull my big trailer down and maybe meet jevans or something to bring them up to the midlands. I want a couple bags myself but dont have enough room to plant a pallets worth.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Ok after many conversations on the phone we have a link. Many of you probably got a email if you are a QDMA member.

if not here is the link I will go back through when I have time and give it too all the DM's I have.

We did get them to back it up to Feb 15th. I'm pushing for March 1st as I type.

but do not count on it. If you want the seed go ahead and buy them now.

We are working on a second location in Columbia but that link may not go hot till late tonight.

Get the orders in! if it ends up needing to go to Columbia we will figure that out. We just need to make sure we get the seed here first.

if you know anyone whom wants it let them know ASAP. Give them this link.

Thank you all for your help, participation, and patience!

https://secure3.convio.net/deer/site...kets&id=103641
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Friendly reminder the cut off date for ordering beans is Feb 15th.

I dont want anyone who wants to get some not to be able to participate in the program.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot