Thread: A good one this year...

Default A good one this year...

Former NFL player Derek Wolfe...

Late Tuesday night I got a call from @huntnest to see if I wanted to stalk a giant Tom (male mountain lion) who has been wreaking havoc in a rural neighborhood. He had already killed two of her dogs and was living under her porch, nervous what he might do next. We found a fresh 4x4 mule deer he had just killed. We hiked straight up 2500ft and down the other side, then back up again, back down the other side and then back up again to 9600ft. Exhausted,dehydrated,cramping I drew back my @hoytbowhunting and sent an @sevrbroadheads through him. Then I had to crawl backwards down the mountain with him to get him to the truck I fell 10ft off a rock face on the way down lol. Any guess how big this thing was?

That’s a giant. Funny he uses the word “stalk” and doesn’t mention the hounds

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    I would like to kill one, one day, with hounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Best way I have done it is on a snowmobile. Let the dogs do the work. Most often in snow a Tom will tree quick. Of course many states don't allow dogs or snowmobiles as an aid to kill one. They are damn sure an Apex predator in the winter. Even an Elk doesn't stand much of a chance.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    I believe in the live interview he does mention the hounds.

I couldnt imagine that thing living under your porch and being oblivious to it.

When that sucker pissed it had to be like pure ammonia flying out of a fire hose.

Beautiful harvest!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot