Default My first

IMG_20230119_101401622.jpg
    Man this trapping stuff is fun
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Man that looks like a grown specimen!

What baits working good this year?

Looks ready to hand out a right hook!

That thing is fat
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Is it preggers? Or just been eating good?

Did you rub his belly? They like that.

If I ever get out of the squirrel dog business I think trapping would be the hobby I take up
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    What baits working good this year?
    Keep in mind I've only been doing this for 3 weeks now. I was using a beaver based bait one of the presenters at the coyote workshop gave me that he made himself. Violator lure on a Q tip inside a bleached skull I found in the woods for a visual attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Is it preggers? Or just been eating good?
    Just fat

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmet Gobbler View Post
    Did you rub his belly? They like that.
    He really seemed to prefer I scratch behind his ears

Question, what is everyone's take on cats in SC? I've watched a few through a scope deer hunting and 2 of them seemed to be chasing a mouse or playing with something. I've always given them a free pass. I have however busted every coyote I've had the chance to line up. Just curious on what everyone thinks.

Edit to add I have no problem with the shooting/trapping of cats. I consistently shoot my wife's cat with a nerf gun to keep my eyes up to date.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 02-10-2023 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

They both have teeth and will kill a nesting hen. I’m the same way though I have always viewed cats as native and coyotes as an invasive species. Game laws are much kinder to bobcats with the majority of deer season being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Question, what is everyone's take on cats in SC? I've watched a few through a scope deer hunting and 2 of them seemed to be chasing a mouse or playing with something. I've always given them a free pass. I have however busted every coyote I've had the chance to line up. Just curious on what everyone thinks.

Edit to add I have no problem with the shooting/trapping of cats. I consistently shoot my wife's cat with a nerf gun to keep my eyes up to date.
    I’ve always enjoyed watching a bobcat. Never has it crossed my mind on shooting one. They're not over populated in any area that I’ve ever hunted. Some years you go without seeing any to seeing half a handful or so a year. I will also give Amy fox I see a free pass, but I kill ever coyote that I get a chance to.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post

They all are killers of something that I hunt. Most of which need help, like quail and turkeys. Therefore they all get an arrow or a bullet. Fox, bobcat, coyote, raccoons, possums and armadillos all get a dirt nap.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-11-2023 at 06:36 AM.

I don’t have any problems with someone who kills a fox or bobcat, I would if I was in the mood and had the opportunity. It’s not something I’d probably ever shoot more than 1 or 2 of though. I think foxes and bobcats are infinitely cooler animals than a big dumb bird.

I also think coons are cooler than turkeys too … hell, pretty much everything but coyotes, possums, and skunks are cooler.

Oh no you just did not…

I always thought a bobcat mount would be cool but everyone I've seen looks like they've been mounted by billy bob in grandmas basement
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    I’ve always enjoyed watching a bobcat. Never has it crossed my mind on shooting one. They're not over populated in any area that I’ve ever hunted. Some years you go without seeing any to seeing half a handful or so a year. I will also give Amy fox I see a free pass, but I kill ever coyote that I get a chance to.
    We had a family of foxes in our back field for a long time. You would see them out playing a few days a week. They disappeared for a few years and then we got chickens. One came back around and some of the hens disappeared. The fox is no longer with us. I chalk that one up to my fault though. I've seen one or two more on camera but haven't messed with the chickens anymore.
    R. Not