Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retail Sales Down 2 Straight Months

I read an interesting article today. Apparently single women are looking to Tinder for men who work trades. They cant find, or afford, a contractor, plumber, etc. So they are dating them until their projects are completed, or their issues fixed, then dumping them. Guess the almighty pink is a pretty good payment these days.

I've really been astonished that people have kept spending as much as they have. Prices are ridiculous everywhere but it hasn't slowed anyone down. I guess credit card debt is going through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I read an interesting article today. Apparently single women are looking to Tinder for men who work trades. They cant find, or afford, a contractor, plumber, etc. So they are dating them until their projects are completed, or their issues fixed, then dumping them. Guess the almighty pink is a pretty good payment these days.
    Recently there have been a few Instagram "huntresses" exposed for that same tactic. Dating guides to get social media content via the "free" hunts, then leaving them. So they'd be banging a deer guide in the Fall, waterfowl guide in the Winter, turkey guide in the Spring. I suppose maybe some fishing guides in the Summer.

Dads, hug your daughters. They need to have more self worth than this.

A better idea Dads, stop following and liking these instagram huntresses who dress provocatively to attract your attention.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Grown men don't follow gay shit called huntresses, those are boys. They're not men.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I heard two female colleagues talking to a third about the kind of man she needs to find. "You don't want one with soft hands...." LOL.

You wouldn't believe the simps following them, commenting eggplant emojis and stuff. Pathetic, especially that some of them are married men. I don't follow any of that trash and I'm not even on any social media anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    With that skill set you missed a great opportunity to be a dentist.
    no skill needed
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I helped three friends who had busted water pipes fix their issues.
    you're still going to hell
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    A better idea Dads, stop following and liking these instagram huntresses who dress provocatively to attract your attention.
    Preach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Maybe those people should get a job that’s recession proof. I needed a plumber a month ago and the quickest anyone I called could get here was 2 weeks. Figured it out myself.
    I was just including for relevancy as a sign of the times.

Tons of tech jobs out there that don’t require degrees. And don’t think being a plumber is recession proof, that’s what YouTube is for.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I was just including for relevancy as a sign of the times.

Tons of tech jobs out there that don’t require degrees. And don’t think being a plumber is recession proof, that’s what YouTube is for.
    Tech jobs are recession proof, for the most part. I suppose working for a mega company like Microsoft is the exception.

For the most part yes.

The big trend right now is force terming sales personnel in lieu of paying them out on high dollar commissions. Ask me how I know haha...

Google announced layoffs of 12,000 employees.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...00-jobs-report

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    There's a whole lot of glamour shot 25-35 year old fresh realtors that will be trying to sell you CBD creams here shortly.
    That description brought quite a few people to mind
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Same thing as this freshly minted group of "real estate investors."
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

CC debt is high.
    I really believe there is a ton of people who are in real denial. They don't know how to budget or never had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Google announced layoffs of 12,000 employees.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...00-jobs-report
    I believe the majority of the tech layoffs are marketing people, social media acct managers, HR, and other fluff positions that are easy to replace when needed but not necessary to keep on board during economic turmoil. Hopefully laying off the DEI people as that's a BS job anyway.

They aren't laying off programmers or anyone else with a valuable set of skills.

Yes they are. Because you can get the same quality work from Ukraine or other Eastern Euro countries for much cheaper.