Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIL Money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NIL Money

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-f...through-report

When will we see the first reparations conversation for student athletes who were "wronged" by not being able to collect on their NIL? Crazy amount of money this kid was looking at especially considering he's not even ranked in the top 5 of his class- how much is old Arch getting??

Now kids will be sitting out high school games

And as money continues to erode team play and worship the individual, the quality and beauty of football will diminish.

Everyone will soon enjoy a pay cut. I hope coaches who supported this system are the first to take pay cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-f...through-report

When will we see the first reparations conversation for student athletes who were "wronged" by not being able to collect on their NIL? Crazy amount of money this kid was looking at especially considering he's not even ranked in the top 5 of his class- how much is old Arch getting??
    If they are wronged shouldn’t they be entitled to legal action? Don’t really see where that is even a conversation. As long as there was a legal deal in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippedtoe View Post
    If they are wronged shouldn’t they be entitled to legal action? Don’t really see where that is even a conversation. As long as there was a legal deal in place.
    "wronged"
    not wronged
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Awesome! lets let lawyers get involved to work all this out. what could go wrong?

Grown ups ruin everything.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Awesome! lets let lawyers get involved to work all this out. what could go wrong?

Grown ups ruin everything.
    Now we’re talking
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Now we’re talking

Had to laugh at that one

Spoken like a true Attorney LOL

Can see the ads now , "have you been f'd over by a college or NIL deal???? Call all 6's 666-6666 and let us get you paid "
    Last edited by tprice; 01-18-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Now we’re talking
    Tell em Trey
    I'd sue the shit outta em and Trey is my "go to guy" when I have been "wronged"
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-18-2023 at 05:29 PM.

College football is fooked.

"Wronged" is when Dad boxes your ears for something your brother did. "Wronged" is not playing football under a scholarship or Pell Grant. It's a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    "Wronged" is when Dad boxes your ears for something your brother did. "Wronged" is not playing football under a scholarship or Pell Grant. It's a privilege.
    Spin bullshit how you want, not meeting the terms of any legal agreement should be terms for suit. You would be pissed if your employer told you they would pay you $100 a hour and didn’t come through.

That’s exactly what is happening here. He signed an agreement that netted him $13 mil for going to Florida. Be did that and they didn’t come through. No matter how you look at it, he got screwed, and should be entitled to legal action.

With that said he shouldn’t be allowed to get out of his letter of intent.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 01-18-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Spin bullshit how you want, not meeting the terms of any legal agreement should be terms for suit. You would be pissed if your employer told you they would pay you $100 a hour and didn’t come through.

That’s exactly what is happening here. He signed an agreement that netted him $13 mil for going to Florida. Be did that and they didn’t come through. No matter how you look at it, he got screwed, and should be entitled to legal action.

I was referring to something the OP said on the subject of reparations for those who played before NIL and not the link he posted.

I stand by what I wrote in that context. College is a privilege that is subsidized by booster clubs and Pell Grants for ball players. For that reason, I am against any discussion of reparation NIL funds.

How did he get screwed he hasn't played a down hell he hasn't even practiced. The deal is not between him and Florida it's between him and a collective. Florida is not allowed to know the terms. The collective promised him money they didn't have and a donor backed out. The collective wanted to renegotiate and I guess the kid is holding out. I don't see how he can sue when he hasn't lived up to his end of the agreement.

Bottom line is the ncaa needs to start monitoring this stuff. There's a lot of tampering that's the main reason you see so many players in the portal.

I am referring to players that were not allowed to capitalize on NIL as in past players.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    I am referring to players that were not allowed to capitalize on NIL as in past players.
    you mean like reparations?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Gavin Newsome started all this shit. Hard to believe as irrelevant as Commiefornia is to college football, they still managed to fuck it all to hell.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Gavin Newsome started all this shit. Hard to believe as irrelevant as Commiefornia is to college football, they still managed to fuck it all to hell.

Commiefornia

This is all the explanation you need

Honestly I scratch my head and wonder WHY anyone would pay these kids that kind of money

Reminds me of the IPO crap back in the 1990's It will bust sooner or later

this is a stupid conversation

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    this is a stupid conversation
    Pretty much every conversation ever started in the sports forum turns into a stupid conversation.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

If y’all are letting your boys play travel ball past 5yo you’re just asking for him to get hurt before he makes it to the league.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler