Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon

Default Verizon

I have Verizon cell service. I felt for the longest time they had the best coverage and didn't have any complaints. I've noticed in the last year or so I'm dropping calls in more places that previously weren't a problem. Their network seem to crap the bed if there are a lot of people compressed into an area. Think football games, rush hour in city traffic, etc. I couldn't send a text at a Clemson game this year while a friend was FaceTiming his daughter nearly the entirety of the game on T-Mobile.

For those of you who have Verizon, have you seen a decline?

If you have recently switched from Verizon, which company did you pick and why?

In fairness, I have an iPhone 8 that is not compatible with 5G. Maybe an upgrade would solve my issues. I'm in Columbia and rural parts of the Pee Dee most of the time.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 01-15-2023 at 09:34 PM.

I’ve noticed the same thing. Dropped calls and seemingly no internet connection in parts of town.

ETA I’ve got an iPhone 14 so it’s not a device issue.
    Last edited by Remy; 01-15-2023 at 09:43 PM.

I had Verizon for at least 10 years and noticed the same thing. Switched to AT&T and it's night and day difference.

Had an iPhone 11 that I was having issues with, dropping calls, slow to load, garbled calls, no connection, battery drain etc. upgraded before the new year just to get it on ‘22’s books, should have done it sooner, don’t notice any issues now. Verizon still has the best coverage around here.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

As updates come, older phones can’t even receive some of the newer updates. You got an older phone, that’s part of the problem.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    As updates come, older phones can’t even receive some of the newer updates. You got an older phone, that’s part of the problem.
    My device may be part of the issue, but I'm currently running the latest IOS on my old phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    My device may be part of the issue, but I'm currently running the latest IOS on my old phone.
    Doubtful the 8 is running the latest IOS like it should. I was told by Verizon that my 11 wouldn’t and that’s where a lot of the issues stemmed from. One guy at the store told me I should have turned off the updates last year, that was like 10 of them ago. They kill older phones with those things.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I've noticed the same thing with Verizon. I'm having a lot of problems with Verizon's 5G in particular. Most of the time when I have full signal but drop a call or can't use data, it's on 5G with full signal. If I put it in airplane mode and then back off, it will go back to 4G and I can use the phone as normal. Very frustrating, especially considering how much we pay.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I dropped them a couple months ago. Went to Farmer's Telephone which is ATT plus some of their own towers from what they tell me. Supposed to be only one with service around most of Santee. Haven't been around the lake so who knows. I haven't had any issues from Lake City back to Bishopville on back roads... or anywhere else I've been. Where I used to drop it with Verizon I have no issues now.

We had Verizon up until November of 2021. We switched to AT&T. Coverage is pretty much equal. Each carrier or provider has dead spots. For the most part, my phone works when I need it to. I’m pretty much of the opinion that major cell phone companies are all rip offs

I had Verizon for 23 years and noticed the same thing. Switched to AT&T Friday. It can’t be worse
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I’ve always had Verizon. I’ve noticed the exact same thing. I’ve got a company phone now so I’ll live with it. It is annoying when I spend a lot of time on back roads and in the woods, and can’t load a map or make a call. Seems that I don’t have service now in places I had service 2-3 years ago.
    More Ducks, Less People

I think all of the services are subject to glitches and spotty service.
    At least I'm housebroken.

We're on Verizon for wife and I's personal account which somehow morphed into a business account that has her parents plus 7 or so other lines they use on their business' mobile tablets. Makes it virtually impossible to switch.

I can make a call/ send a text when I need to, but not gonna lie... one of my company-issued cell phones I had a while back with AT&T had jam up coverage.

In the industry the value providers (they're called Value Added Resellers or VARs) that ride over other main providers' networks (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile) get second rate coverage. If data usage gets packed the VARs get cut back. So some folks that switched to Spectrum Mobile saw a drop in the quality of service for a reason. If there's not a ton of people in your area, it's similar. But I've heard from people in densely populated areas like Charlotte, Columbia, etc that the drop off was significant.

To me, it's not worth savings a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-18-2023 at 08:06 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The AT&T guy that helped me switch (salesperson fwiw) told me that over the last few years Verizon has sold off some of their towers, which has caused people to lose service in areas where they previously had it. Verizon is a no go at my farm, and AT&T is great. If that is the only benefit, I will be happy, and I’m saving $40 a month
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I have an Iphone 10 that I keep up to date. About six months ago the service at my house went down hill bad and continues to be that way. At times it's hard to do anything that requires the internet and/or data.

I have Verizon and was dead in the water at the Gator Bowl a few weeks ago. We had to use my son’s iWatch to get to the hotel after the game.

Might be time to make the jump.

AT&T have all the dance iPhone specials I’m assuming?

Do yourself a favor and call consumer cellular 2-lines unlimited everything tell them you want a att sim card and thank me later 55 bucks a month no contract
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCDkhntr View Post
    I have Verizon and was dead in the water at the Gator Bowl a few weeks ago. We had to use my son’s iWatch to get to the hotel after the game.

Might be time to make the jump.

AT&T have all the dance iPhone specials I’m assuming?

Yeah, it is somewhat smoke and mirrors, in that you trade your phone, it cancels the price of the new phone, and then you get some monthly “credit”. I’m not one who needs the latest phone, so I kept my IPhone mini. I don’t need a laptop in my pocket. I will likely wait until the new phone comes out in the fall, and get the 14 or some such. The only hang up is that my 9 year old has a gizmo so that I can track her on her bike in the neighborhood, or she can call me or her mom. AT&T doesn’t support those, so I got her an Apple Watch and set up all the parental controls. It is essentially now the same as her gizmo. I got the oldest watch available, and think it was $160.

Everything has a catch, so we will see.