Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deer I killed and didn't find...need suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Nope, I checked that straight away, and it was on zeros. With the suppressor, there is no doubt when you hit or miss. The three deer I've shot with a suppressed gun all sounded like I shot a kettle-drum full of water; you notice the impact more than the report of the rifle.

Maybe I hit him high over the spine and he's out there feeling fine.
    Oh the suppressor leaves no doubt, like you reached out and slapped them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Yup. It’s a pisser. That deer was young and had freaking incredible potential. I’m as mad about the decision to shoot him as anything else. The real pisser is that I’m 99% positive that he’d be at the taxidermist and in my freezer had I been shooting my trusty old 270 with 130gr corelokts. Sometimes, top of the line new stuff << tried and true old familiar stuff.
    There’s always next year.
    Head scratcher....

You drew a tag that could yield a >350" elk but instead of taking a rifle, or modern bow, you chose a homemade stick and string as your weapon and didnt kill one, but you have a weak moment and shoot a subpar WT with a long range whomper?

Dang dude.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've been shooting those Sierra game kings in 117 gr out of my 25-06 and they have been the ( . Y . )'s on everything from mule deer to whitetails.

But I agree if you hit it in the chest it's dead regardless of bullet.

All this talk about bullets and it’s entirely possible, maybe even likely, that you missed.

At 210 yards, why dial up to 18X ? All you had in the scope was brown. No way to see where your shot impacted IMHO. I'm in the clean miss crowd. If you had to "recover from the recoil", you yanked the trigger.

I heart shot a nice Buck in Texas on Saturday. 200 yards with a 7 Rem Mag. 140 grain Accubond. Scope set on 6x. Saw the bullet strike, watched the deer mule kick and saw the blood pouring out of both sides as he made a short run. scope never left the deer. Just sayin.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

WWD , 6 days later . Did you find your buck? If not, you missed.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    https://www.sierrabullets.com/produc...r-160-gr-hpbt/
    Find these in stock, they’ll do the job and more. There’s people in here that claim they kill “a lot” of deer. I kill a fucking lot of deer, more in a year than most kill in a decade. The sierra HPBT game kings take no prisoners and are very forgiving.
    And you find them all?

Still no luck finding your Buck, WWD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I thought that was the whole reason the Chinese balloon went over Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Head scratcher....

You drew a tag that could yield a >350" elk but instead of taking a rifle, or modern bow, you chose a homemade stick and string as your weapon and didnt kill one, but you have a weak moment and shoot a subpar WT with a long range whomper?

Dang dude.
    Yes...moment of weakness and extreme dumbassery. I can't even explain it. I dialed the scope way up...at 200 yards, it wasn't all brown in the scope. I never found a damn thing other than a dead cow and some other dead small animals that the magpies and eagles led me to. Maybe I walloped the deer over the spine and he's still alive and kicking. I think I'd have found him along a creek or by one of the three water holes/ponds that are within a mile of where I shot him had I pulled it into the guts, and I think I'd have found gut material. It sucks. Hopefully I'll learn from it. I'm thinking I'll be toting my compound this elk season or until I actually kill one, but I thought that last year and I couldn't help but grab the struggle stick. We shall see.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

It's called a victory stick by the competent

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    It's called a victory stick by the competent
    And a well-intentioned and friendly FUCK YOU to you! I look forward to calling it a victory stick!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!