Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dabo pulled the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Clemson hasn’t had to pay millions to Football and Basketball coaches to go away over the last several years.
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is called deflection. Scott is coming back. I don’t know why you hire a mediocre Qb as OC to begin with. Georgia already proved that shit doesn’t work with Bobo.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Kirby and UGA better find some big bucks to keep Monken

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Clemson boosters got plenty. Coots on the other hand
    Them boosters were spending plenty of money at the esso club, after getting that ass spanked by the less fortunate gamecocks. Do better 2nd stringer
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Kirby and UGA better find some big bucks to keep Monken
    He is one of if not the highest paid assistants in the country. And will get a raise. And gets to play madden all day with the cheat codes that Kirby brings into the program while not having to worry about recruiting. I don’t think he is going anywhere

When ECU trolls he has the Black Bart Tournament Blue Marlin Rigged Trolling Pack.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Florida State improving and flexing their muscle caused this. The open door to the playoffs just got slammed shut. We know it and Dabo knows it. Their Kool aid drinking fan base hasn't figured it out...,.....yet.

With the new format coming, he's pushing the panic button.

This is the 12 Team Playoff Plan:

4 SEC teams(2 division winners and 2 at large)
    4 other Conference champions
    2 other non conference(Notre Dame and the FCS champion)

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-12-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Sec isn't getting 4 of the 12 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Sec isn't getting 4 of the 12 spots.
    They are when Texas and Oklahoma join the conference.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 01-12-2023 at 09:23 PM.

You think venebles is going to turn it around? Texas is going to get better?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Them boosters were spending plenty of money at the esso club, after getting that ass spanked by the less fortunate gamecocks. Do better 2nd stringer
    Why are all the players leaving? Pockets ain't deep enough
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    You think venebles is going to turn it around? Texas is going to get better?
    Certainly, they both have oil money backing them.

Make no mistake about it, the Beamer Bad News Bears fired Streeter,
    Dabozo just taking the "hey look at me over here doing something" credit for it to deflect from the shit abyss the entire program is in.
    Is he also firing the chubby little D Coordinator who took the "nasty" preseason top defense to their end of season #37 ranking?
    Dabozo is getting a real whiff of the shitter since becoming exposed with every game played outside the ACC.
    He smells something, but doesn't know what he smells.
    ND, SC and Tenn said, "keep your over ranked and over hyped ass, where you belong."
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-12-2023 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Certainly, they both have oil money backing them.

Texas has been doing less with more than almost anyone. Everything's bigger in Texas, even the disappointments.

Why are all the players leaving? Pockets ain't deep enough
    Deep enough to keep little brother in line in their own yard.

On a serious note you're probably right. College football has always been money driven. It's just now they are all too happy to let us know so. It will ultimately hurt them in the end but at least money will be made. By them. The true football fan will suffer.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I could see 4 SEC teams in it.
    Georgia beat OSO, destroyed TCU ( big 12 runner up)
    Bama destroyed Kansas St ( Big 12 champion)
    LSU killed Purdue ( big 10 runner up)
    Tennessee…….. you get my point

Solid hire. I didn't see Dabo axing his own guy after 1 year to go after a big name assistant. Do you Clemson faithful think this is all him or was there too much outside heat for him to ignore?

Dabos biggest problem is he won't use the transfer portal to fill holes and increase depth. Just because a kid is a 4 or 5 star doesn't mean he's ready to play or will even pan out or transfer out.
    That's how norvell is building fsu. It may not work long term but it's working now.

I believe it's a good hire. He took a bunch of 2 and 3 star players to the natty. Definitely better than streeter.
    Have to agree , No hidden secret something not clicking with offense last couple years

Makes you wonder if play calling or DJ.

Like most I got impatient w DJ but still a big DJ fan and would not be surprised to see him light it up on West Coast and honestly hope he does

Folks were screaming for Elliotts head till he left and really never saw any difference without him however I do not look through Orange color glasses. Talent level at WR just has not been there or maybe we have talent just seems we have WR that do not know how to get open or either play calling is problem

Wish Streeter best of luck and excited to see new OC coming in

Also my guess is probably hurting Dabo and Tigers on recruiting trail

Never thought Dabo was a coach that was overly loyal to assistants , Got our asses whipped in Orange Bowl and Dabo cut Steele lose ASAP

Always said downfall of Mark Richt and Tommy Bowden was they were too loyal to a fault.

Hell as far as TCU/UGA , do not think ANYBODY would made that game close Monday night. Reminded me of Tigers over Bama for Natty Sometimes you just much better talent and when it clicks at right time aint nobody stopping you
    Last edited by tprice; 01-13-2023 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Solid hire. I didn't see Dabo axing his own guy after 1 year to go after a big name assistant. Do you Clemson faithful think this is all him or was there too much outside heat for him to ignore?
    All him. He’s not going to be told what to with that program and deservingly so. You think Alabama tells nick Saban what to do? The board or ad is not getting into Dabo’s staff. I would say it was more he went to Neff and said I want to make a change but I’m going to need money to do it. Neff said how much and the rest is history. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is called deflection. Scott is coming back. I don’t know why you hire a mediocre Qb as OC to begin with. Georgia already proved that shit doesn’t work with Bobo.
    How is it deflection when a state representative on the ways and means committee posts that Clemson has to find the money? It is true that Clemson hasn’t had to buyout coaches, and received money to have Elliott and Venables bought out. Clemson just hired the man who was honored as the top assistant in college football last season. I don’t see anything that needs deflection.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands