Dead at 83. RIP

RIP

Bury me upside down....

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Bury me upside down....
    and…

My critics can kiss my ass!

RIP to a true legend.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

The only reason people tolerated him is because he won some basketball games. He seemed like an obnoxious human.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    The only reason people tolerated him is because he won some basketball games. He seemed like an obnoxious human.
    He definitely was obnoxious at times, but he was a no BS, tough SOB. Most people today couldn’t handle playing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    He definitely was obnoxious at times, but he was a no BS, tough SOB. Most people today couldn’t handle playing for him.
    I disagree. I think he was a bully who only went after people he knew wouldn’t/couldn’t retaliate without losing a job, scholarship, etc.

I was never a fan of his.

If the man coulda controlled his anger/rage he would've been an even better coach. The result of some of his team's proved that he was a good coach, but there's always "that but"... "but, he crosses dangerous lines that a man in his position shouldn't" or "but, he flies off the hinge too easily". I could go on.

His record proved how well he could coach though. I wouldn't duplicate his tactics, but hey to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Think if you do some research you may find out he wasn't exactly like you. The fast majority of this players loved him! He had there back. Most (not all) of his on court outburst was for what he thought was defending his players. The Puerto Rico (Pan Am Games) was due to racial issues against this players. By no means am I calling Coach Knight an angle, but he had his players backs and didn't give a damn about what people thought about it or how he went about it. He broken many NCAA rules by paying for players to get home for family deaths and emergencies. The NCCA just gave up trying to punish him for those things. He was going to take care of his guys either way.

I liked the guy and wished more coaches today didn’t treat their players like entitled pussys. A good stern kick in the rear followed by showing you care about that person goes a long way.

Coach Knight was one B of the first victims of the pussified woke culture I remember. A good man and great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther11 View Post
    Think if you do some research you may find out he wasn't exactly like you. The fast majority of this players loved him! He had there back. Most (not all) of his on court outburst was for what he thought was defending his players. The Puerto Rico (Pan Am Games) was due to racial issues against this players. By no means am I calling Coach Knight an angle, but he had his players backs and didn't give a damn about what people thought about it or how he went about it. He broken many NCAA rules by paying for players to get home for family deaths and emergencies. The NCCA just gave up trying to punish him for those things. He was going to take care of his guys either way.
    That’s was a mouthful! And what I understood I agree with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Just know that he was right.

Think about this for a minute….Coach Knight was vilified for being a hard ass. Joe Paterno covered up the fact that one of his coaches was raping little boys for years. Guess who’s hated more? To hell with every damn thing Penn St.

[QUOTE=huntinghagen#12;3124368]I disagree. I think he was a bully who only went after people he knew wouldn’t/couldn’t retaliate without losing a job, scholarship, etc.

To each his own.

I have no problem with stern coaching. I just don’t like being an ass hole because you can. Some people react well to that, I personally never needed a coach to chew my ass to get me going in the right direction and didn’t like over the top coaches who resorted to that.

I always tried to look at it from a “real world” situation outside of sports … no way in hell I’m going to let someone talk to me like that in my day to day life, what makes it ok just because it’s in the context of sports.

Different philosophies work for different ppl, and it obviously translated because he won games.

RIP Bobby Knight

Have to admit I enjoyed watching his teams, think it was more to see how long it would take him to melt down and throw a chair across the gym

Heck of a coach but his antics were that of a 3yr old child