Thread: Rossi R92

Default Rossi R92

Been wanting to pickup a lever action gun in .44 mag, .357 mag or .45 Colt. Been waiting for Ruger to release a new Marlin but doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. Anyone have a Rossi R92 and if so how do you like it?

Anything else worth considering?

Henry or an old marlin

I’ve got a Henry in .357 and it’s a great gun. Really capable deer gun and just a fun rifle to shoot with very little recoil. Its also nice having a rifle and 2 revolvers all chambered the same.

I have a rossi 92 in 44mag never had any problems with it and I beat the shit out of it hog hunting. The only thing I don’t like about it is the safety location takes some getting use to.

Just because it is a Winchester clone does not infer Winchester quality. I'm a big lever gun and wheel gun guy....I prefer shooting them over most anything else. Rossi is owned by Taurus...take that for whatever its worth. No need to have a copy of the real thing when the real thing is still available.

I'd look for a Marlin or a BLR personally...

Ive got a marlin 1894CB. Damn good plinking gun, if only .357 wasn't 80c+ per round. Really loud but mild recoil. Hoping to get a scope for it and do some close range deer killing.
    Last edited by Boduke; 01-11-2023 at 07:48 AM.

Get a carbine version of whatever caliber you decide.

Henry big boy steel carbine. They come in 44, 357, and a few other calibers. I want a 44 but just can’t justify the price of ammo for a “just to have” rifle.

Also my Henry doesn’t have a safety which I like. Just a hammer. I can’t see the point in having a safety on a gun with a hammer. Just a hassle
    More Ducks, Less People

Handled a Rossi today and truthfully wasn't impressed. Think I'll check out Henry, same store had a Chiappa .44 mag carbine for $1300 but that is way out of my budget.

I have two Rossi carbines, .45 colt and .44 mag. I’m not a fan of the safety and do not use it half the time. They are good rifles for the money especially if you change the sights out.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    I have two Rossi carbines, .45 colt and .44 mag. I’m not a fan of the safety and do not use it half the time. They are good rifles for the money especially if you change the sights out.
    What sights are you running? I didn't care much for the buckhorn that the factory used.

Check out Skinner Sights

http://skinnersights.com/

"You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan