Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Disco….

Wife has been well. Thank you for all the prayers, messages, text, etc. She has her next scan in April and if all clear she will go to every 6 months. I imagine as a cancer patient that’s a huge hurdle to overcome (3 month scans scheduled to 6 month scans )
    Last edited by KRT; 01-16-2023 at 07:56 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

More fuel = more boost!!

This is the only way I would own something with Rover in its name

I'm going to do this with the 2004 Disco we've had since buying it new. I think I'm going with a 5.3 ls swap and ACE conversion kit leaving the LR transmission in to retain the ABS, TC, hill descent etc. Going to lift it so I can run 33" tires on it. KRT, do you mind giving me a very ballpark estimate of how much such a conversion should cost if I found and bought an engine this month (I know the price goes up and down based on demand and right now, there are engines to be had for reasonable prices). I have absolutely no mechanical skills or knowledge other than the little bit I'm "learning" from watching YouTube vides regarding similar conversion projects. I have a guy out here that can and will do it, and he is a bit higher than most on all of his work. I don't mind this when it comes to changing out a fuel pump or alternator or chasing down a sensor that's taking a poop and installing a new one, but when we are talking about a project of this proportion, I don't want to end up spending 5-8K more than I should just to keep it local. Any feedback you can give me regarding a ballpark price I should expect to pay would be most helpful. The vehicle has 115K miles and is currently running like a champ. The only reason I'm considering doing this now is because I know the sleeves will eventually slip, and I simply do not trust taking this vehicle on any long-ish trips. I wan't to be able to drive it on cross country hunting trips if I choose without having to take Xanax to ease my nerves.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-10-2023 at 09:25 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

KRT…how did this turn out?
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 11-22-2023 at 01:00 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!