Thread: Prop testing...

Default Prop testing...

Anybody got a 10.5 14 or 15P prop I could borrow to test out? Running a 13 now and just wanna see what these other 2 will do for me before buying new. Shoot me a PM or text 803-761-2661 TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Probably need to know what motor its going on since there are different spline counts on some motors, but clearly I am not boat mechanic.

Yamaha fotee. 13 spline
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

when i get home, I will look under my work bench.
    I have a few under there but not sure what sizes
    Mostly Suzuki and 250hp Yamaha stuff but will look

Got one to try via text. Thanks fellas

I got the one i never sent you. I think its a 15. Fail on my part
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I got the one i never sent you. I think its a 15. Fail on my part
    No sweat. The 13 is fine but I can't help but to tinker with shit. Lol

I've also been considering selling the 40 Yamaha and hanging a Tohatsu 60 on it. I miss not having T&T

Ive got my 40 yammer paired with a cmc tilt and trim plate running a 16-g knock off YBS.

Ive got a 15p merc vengeance that I liked even better, but its got what I believe to be the Mercury Flo-Torque hub, but its plastic. I can get it on and mounted with the different spacers/washer/thrust washers I have, but its still got a little bit more play than I would like.
    I need to take it to someone and get a new hub put in it

I think the hub that is in it is fine, maybe with a normal hub It wouldn't have the wiggle side to side. but if you guys have any advice id love to hear it.

I can put the vengeance on with the castle nut yamaha prop nut, but cant get it down far enough to get the cotter pin in. If I use the lock nut with the locking folding tab that came from mercury, I can't get the lock nut to thread onto the yamaha prop shaft. I have tried smaller and larger lock nuts with fine threads instead of course and still couldn't get them to thread right.

So far I can get the vengeance to run with the little bit of play I was describing via the original spacer that goes infront the prop, and a regular washer + the original yamaha castle nut and the mercury folding lock tab, but I can't get the cotter pin in. Do you think I'd be fine with just the locking tab?

Sorry to hijack Feet.

No sweat, I got what I need. If the Vengeance is that hard to fit up, I'd just re-hub it. That "little bit of play" may be doing damage to your lower....

That was my thoughts, the cost of re-hubbing would be well worth it for the peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    No sweat. The 13 is fine but I can't help but to tinker with shit. Lol

I've also been considering selling the 40 Yamaha and hanging a Tohatsu 60 on it. I miss not having T&T
    I had a 60 mercury on mine and it floated it fine and would jump out the hole quick no matter how much of a load was in the boat. I think mine ran about 40 unloaded and 38 with 2 people and gear with a 17 pitch 4 blade. I had the larger gear case mercury so the Tohatsu should be a good bit faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I had a 60 mercury on mine and it floated it fine and would jump out the hole quick no matter how much of a load was in the boat. I think mine ran about 40 unloaded and 38 with 2 people and gear with a 17 pitch 4 blade. I had the larger gear case mercury so the Tohatsu should be a good bit faster than that.
    Yep. The Tohatsu 60 is only 3 lbs heavier than my Yamaha 40