Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youth Weekend

Good stuff! Took my oldest Saturday as well, no deer seen. Talked about all the different sounds in the woods. Saw wood ducks, geese, and heard turkeys going to roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Can't beat it. Good work gents!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Yes sir. Take my kids often as well but youth hunt is special. Didn't get to pull the trigger but it was great dad/kid time w both son and daughter. I agree youth day should be youth weekend
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Solid!

Great Job Gentlemen.

Great stuff. I don't want my daughters to grow up too fast but I am looking forward to them being old enough to come hunting with me. My 5 year old is about ready for a squirrel hunt I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Great stuff. I don't want my daughters to grow up too fast but I am looking forward to them being old enough to come hunting with me. My 5 year old is about ready for a squirrel hunt I'd say.
    Mine has been going since she was 3. We have one lease that borders a high school, and have a big tower stand right by the practice football field. The deer will stand at the feeder 150
    Yards from coaches screaming. Great place to take kids.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Took my grandson and the 15 year old son of one of my wife's friends Saturday afternoon. We didn't see a thing but had a great time reminiscing about this past season. Both killed deer over the course of the year so as far as I'm concerned it was a great afternoon. They both got to hunt pretty much every weekend of the season. I can't imagine only taking them on youth days. Heck if they're out of school it's youth day in my family.

My granddad and uncle would take me every weekend. When we got home I would tell them thank you. Their reply was always "Do the same for someone else when you get older."
    60 years later I still feel obligated to those two old men to do exactly what they did for me.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

i took my youngest and we didnt get a shot and I berated her the whole way home bc now we have to eat cows.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i took my youngest and we didnt get a shot and I berated her the whole way home bc now we have to eat cows.
    did you put her in time out and restrict her xbox and tiktok use?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Took my grandson and the 15 year old son of one of my wife's friends Saturday afternoon. We didn't see a thing but had a great time reminiscing about this past season. Both killed deer over the course of the year so as far as I'm concerned it was a great afternoon. They both got to hunt pretty much every weekend of the season. I can't imagine only taking them on youth days. Heck if they're out of school it's youth day in my family.

My granddad and uncle would take me every weekend. When we got home I would tell them thank you. Their reply was always "Do the same for someone else when you get older."
    60 years later I still feel obligated to those two old men to do exactly what they did for me.
    My grandad would take anyone who wanted to go hunting. Didn't matter how old they were, if they were a guy/boy ,girl/woman, black white purple etc. He just enjoyed people being outdoors and sharing the experience with those that may have never been introduced to hunting. Every time I had a buddy who wanted to go hunting, grandaddy would tell me to bring them and usually have a shotgun for them to borrow. Now I do the same. Anyone who wants to go, I take them. I'm blessed to have our family place in McCormick and a house for everyone to stay in up there and just get away from the rat race of day to day life. I now usually have a wait list of newbies wanting to go and past guest wanting to go again. I think I was up there 6 or 7 times this season (almost every weekend) and always had 2 or 3 people with me enjoying God's creation. Buddy killed his first doe and buck on my place this past season and I like to think that my grandad is smiling looking down on all of this.
    every expert was once a beginner

i took her phone and threw it out the window
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Nice

I shot ducks and saw Pbiz, and had a pretty cool dinner. My son went camping, walked out the house in shorts.

and I like shooting tss at ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    BOG death grip. My stance with turkeys is that you are allowed to try when you can hold the gun, sans blind, and shoot the bird. Deer are deer and deserve to die like deer. That Bog thing is amazing for kids. And, I’d rather shoot off of it than a shooting rail. With deer, I prefer to stack the odds in the kid’s favor. Suppressors, corn piles, tripods, claymore mines, etc. let kids have fun
    Thanks. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    BOG death grip. My stance with turkeys is that you are allowed to try when you can hold the gun, sans blind, and shoot the bird. Deer are deer and deserve to die like deer. That Bog thing is amazing for kids. And, I’d rather shoot off of it than a shooting rail. With deer, I prefer to stack the odds in the kid’s favor. Suppressors, corn piles, tripods, claymore mines, etc. let kids have fun
    I have the same tripod. It is great for kids!

I also use it for night hunting coyotes with thermal.

Great job getting them outdoors!

man thats fun times... Boozer what gun was the young lady shooting??

Anytime is a great time to take kids hunting. The rewards will continue throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard Exterminator View Post
    man thats fun times... Boozer what gun was the young lady shooting??
    It’s a 6.8 SPC on an AR platform. Zero recoil, and I added a suppressor because it was LOUD. 90 gr federal fusions. She is deadly with it, and several other kids have killed their first with it. The adjustable stock is nice for youngsters
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You're a good man, Boozer.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.