Thread: Missing Deer

Default Missing Deer

Serious question.

In the beginning of deer season I was seeing the most spikes, cow horns, 4pts, that I have ever seen. By the end of the season they were gone. What happened to them? Are there really that many spikes, cow horns, etc. killed in my area? Did the does push them out? Did the other bucks push them out?

Yes yes and yes

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

yes
    no
    yes

Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes

We will we will rock you

Also spikes love a corn pile
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Since they don’t do much of the breeding, a large number of the smaller buck’s experience an earlier drop in their testosterone levels than the dominant or breeding bucks in the same area. This results in these smaller bucks losing their antlers earlier than the others, and some of the “big does” you may have seen toward the end of the season were actually antlerless bucks.

But if you’re looking for a serious answer,

Yes, no, and they may be off somewhere with those mature bucks chasing one of the late heat does.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-07-2023 at 12:41 PM.

“ I shot a buck”. Aka cow horn spike. Is strong in sc. spend any time at a processor’s and it will make you sick sometimes.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Why?

They are dead.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.