Thread: American Sportworks Trailboss wiring harness

Default American Sportworks Trailboss wiring harness

I have one of those home depot buggies that I picked up for a song. They're powered with a 13hp Honda motor. It doesnt haul ass or go "anywhere" but I feel safe letting my 10 year old drive it roughly unsupervised. She loves it and wants to paint is sky blue...but we're sticking with Confederate grey.

I've replaced the seats, tires, starter, carb, and a few other things but before I got it, the wiring was pulled and someone did some funny stuff so I'd like to pull all the funny stuff out and replace with a real wiring harness so I can have lights and charge the battery and this stuff is outside of my comfort zone.

Only wiring in it now, is battery to starter to key switch with an isolated toggle switch to kill the motor.

I see Amazon has complete harnesses for sale for ~$36 for ATV/UTV's, while just a cdi box from American Sportworks is pushing $50. From piecing together a stator, CDI box and voltage regulator, I'm well over $100 and none of it is an "assembly" to guide installation instead of guessing from my professed ignorance on the subject.

$36 is a good gamble but before I invest my time into another project (I am trying to stop taking on projects) I am assuming I can just replace the handle bar starter/kill switch with a keyed switch right? If there's an actual utv wiring harness with a keyed starter send me a link...

Anything else I need to look for, or be aware of?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

find an old lawnmower and remove all the parts.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

KRT
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.