Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Chevrolet dynamic fuel management.

I was surprised that they gave me a 100k power train and 48k bumper to bumper warranty on certified pre owned 2021 chevy. But yet a new vehicle is 60k power train warranty. I just traded my 2018 with 82k miles on it and it never gave me an issue but I disabled afm and the trans thermostat after reading your threads. I disabled dfm in my new one and will trade it before the warranty runs out.

It’s crazy the new trucks struggle to make it to 100k miles and my old 97 with 353k miles on it still runs like a sewing machine.

Kevin has deleted 3 of my company trucks now and the one I’m currently driving is the only one that’s given me problems after the delete. She has random misfires where the engine light flashes and you have reduced power for a few minutes but that isn’t on him. The one I had before has 300k on it now without issue, runs every day. Well worth the drive to a2z to get worked on, all of his guys are top notch!
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 01-05-2023 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I was surprised that they gave me a 100k power train and 48k bumper to bumper warranty on certified pre owned 2021 chevy. But yet a new vehicle is 60k power train warranty. I just traded my 2018 with 82k miles on it and it never gave me an issue but I disabled afm and the trans thermostat after reading your threads. I disabled dfm in my new one and will trade it before the warranty runs out.

It’s crazy the new trucks struggle to make it to 100k miles and my old 97 with 353k miles on it still runs like a sewing machine.
    I think that’s part of their goal. Men used to keep trucks 10 plus years, as did I. I really think the truck manufacturers are just using the EPA rules as a way to make trucks not last as long therefore you have to trade it in every couple of years. They blame it on government all the while selling everyone a new truck every 2 years smiling all the way to the bank

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    How can I tell if my 2019 GMC 5.3 has the L82 or L84 engine? What’s the cost of deactivating the DFM if it’s the L84?
    You may be able to find out based on the VIN number but on the engine block the L82 will have “5.3L” cast into the block and the L84 will have “5.3L +” directly below the driver side cylinder head, below the idler pulley

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post

Keep your service records. Pro tip
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Dum Spiro Spero

The simple pushrod design engines propelled an awful lot of vehicles before engineers started out-thinking themselves.....

New engine is running great in the '93, btw....vitals are holding rock solid.....

Image.jpg
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    The simple pushrod design engines propelled an awful lot of vehicles before engineers started out-thinking themselves.....

New engine is running great in the '93, btw....vitals are holding rock solid.....

Image.jpg
    Best trucks ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Some on here swear they can plug a device in the OBD port and it stops the solenoids. I don’t argue the point. I’ve always said it stops the cluster from toggling V8 to V4
    Just put one of the OBD things on my wife's Yukon. Any way to truth check that its doing what it should, not just changing the cluster?

I did notice her fuel mileage doesn't jump around like it used to when it went from 8 to 4 to 8.