Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Chevrolet dynamic fuel management.

Default 2020 Chevrolet dynamic fuel management.

It’s now DFM instead of AFM

67k miles. Lifter collapsed, wiped out cam. With tuning to turn it into old school pushrod motor is about 8500.00

Customer called GM today. They told him warranty is over at 60K

Enjoy…..

More fuel = more boost!!

spring loaded “collapsible” lifter stuck

wiped out cam lobe

I’ll take comparison picutes once parts arrive and engine is completely torn down.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Sincerely it’s not if, it’s when….
    More fuel = more boost!!

Any particular engine or is it anything with DFM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

We have already done the 6 cyl GM with AFM/DFM. I think it was a 4.3 or something. I didn’t record that, it was when we were busy.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why people that buy them don’t IMMEDIATELY delete that shit. It’s not like this is an unknown or isolated issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I saw the lifters from my '19 that was just replaced. The lifter itself would turn freely in it's tray. I don think it's supposed to do that.

Same damage on the bottom from riding on the cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I’ll be curious to see how ford’s new 5.0L implementation of cylinder deactivation goes

F O R D
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I saw the lifters from my '19 that was just replaced. The lifter itself would turn freely in it's tray. I don think it's supposed to do that.

Same damage on the bottom from riding on the cam.

See this is where I come into play. I don’t have a college education (obviously) but lifters are hydraulic. They need oil to be hydraulic. If you kill oil to it, there is a chance it becomes stuck.

Now your engineers say it’s spinning in the tray. Bullshit….
    More fuel = more boost!!

How can I tell if my 2019 GMC 5.3 has the L82 or L84 engine? What’s the cost of deactivating the DFM if it’s the L84?

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    How can I tell if my 2019 GMC 5.3 has the L82 or L84 engine? What’s the cost of deactivating the DFM if it’s the L84?
    Does it help with having the chip electronically delete the AFM/DFM? Long term?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Some on here swear they can plug a device in the OBD port and it stops the solenoids. I don’t argue the point. I’ve always said it stops the cluster from toggling V8 to V4
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    See this is where I come into play. I don’t have a college education (obviously) but lifters are hydraulic. They need oil to be hydraulic. If you kill oil to it, there is a chance it becomes stuck.

Now your engineers say it’s spinning in the tray. Bullshit….
    Yeah it’s wild, going to try and talk my boss into deleting the fleet. Mine were the first to go at 144…
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Owner ever change the oil?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I’m still trying to wrap my head around why people that buy them don’t IMMEDIATELY delete that shit. It’s not like this is an unknown or isolated issue.
    I used to tell everybody I know about KRT's posts and I don't think a single one listened so I quit telling anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I used to tell everybody I know about KRT's posts and I don't think a single one listened so I quit telling anybody.
    It must suck to read this and actually see the evidence after financing 60 plus K on a vehicle and it’s out of warranty.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Are you serious ?

No, never changed the oil. Neither has anyone else that’s bought a GM in 2007 to current.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Yeah reading this does freaking suck.

Put this on mine not long after I got it.
    https://www.holley.com/products/tune...lt/parts/22451
    We shall see I guess.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

It’s all good. Just an informative post. I basically quit posting stuff because of the argument that I’m wrong. I’ve helped a many people via pm or on a thread. It’s not about the money to me. All car lines have issues, my point is not to bash.

I literally just put my wife in a new Tahoe the week of Christmas.

But the bitch will be traded at 62k miles.

I drive a Gen 3 LS v8 and all my LS swaps I do with Gen 3s for a reason. Follow us on Insta @a2zautorepairs

On a side note, our new shop is about to go live…
    More fuel = more boost!!