Thread: Swarovski EL 10x40 Binos Eye Relief

Default Swarovski EL 10x40 Binos Eye Relief

Dont want to send them back to the manufacturer just for this, but my eyepeice on the right side wont adjust to shift between glasses wear and no glasses wear. Anyone have any experience with it? I know it's from wearing them without the chest pouch harness and there's dirt in there. Dont want to use compressed air, or high pressure water.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I wouldn't hesitate to use compressed air carefully and maybe some sort of gentle solvent like rubbing alcohol to loosen any grease that's holding the dirt.

I have a pair of Leupolds that live on the floor of my truck. The eye pieces have gotten clogged with grit and it just takes a little patience to not force it.

https://optics.my.salesforce.com/sfc...2ugYPvrfY3y8FA

It so happened support emailed me the maintenance .pdf about the same time you responded. Appreciate it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good choice on not sending them back right now. They revamped their computer system last falll and it’s still not up to par. Everything is behind on shipping and repairs….

Not sure what to try. Maybe some dry lube of some sort?

When I was trying to extend the eyepiece, it started wanting to unscrew the eyepiece. I didnt want to mess it up so I stopped, (learned that lesson the hard way several times) and emailed support and made the post.

Directions begin with "unscrew eyepiece"...but yes, a brush and bottle of compressed air is first step after removing the eyepiece.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    When I was trying to extend the eyepiece, it started wanting to unscrew the eyepiece. I didnt want to mess it up so I stopped, (learned that lesson the hard way several times) and emailed support and made the post.

Directions begin with "unscrew eyepiece"...but yes, a brush and bottle of compressed air is first step after removing the eyepiece.
    Some of those models will do that. Just lightly screw them back down and then you can extend them like you normally do.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers