Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 and up GM

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    Are you the one that got a lemon and hates GM with a passion? I understand your frustration but I’ve had 2 different sierra’s with the 6.2 the last 9 years with about 160,000 total miles. The first truck had an A/C issue at like 60k which is a common known problem. That’s the full extent of the problems I’ve had with either truck. The first truck I drove in M5 most of the time to disable the DFM. But I haven’t done anything with the ‘19 other than drive it
    He may not be but I am. 2 lemons. Fuck GM. I hope they all loose their job
    Last edited by centurian; 01-05-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Worlds funny today. Had this discussion with a buddy/member a few weeks ago. We associate John Deere as American through and through and perhaps Kubota is a Japanese origin company. Do a quick search and see which tractor has more American made parts, effort, and assembly these days. Wife owns a 4Runner…I can work on it. I own a new powerstroke F250….I’ll lose my mind trying to do anything under the hood with it. I’m about one more irritation before going and buying an older vehicle that just works and has some sort of amenity.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    I guess everything you own is American made? Did you type that response on an iPhone? My wife’s aunt married a German fella? Should I hate his guts because of Hitler? Toyota makes a superior product. I would rather not spend my time and money at a repair shop. My old man worked on cars his entire life. When it was time for my first car he said look for a Toyota.
    No, just a pot stirrer. I love my indestructible Honda 4 wheeler and Yamaha outboard. I guess I’ve just been lucky with the two GMC trucks I’ve had and never had major issues with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Tundras struggling with their new turbo 6 cyl because the 5.7 V8 wouldn’t meet emissions.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Tundras struggling with their new turbo 6 cyl because the 5.7 V8 wouldn’t meet emissions.
    Blowing up turbos right and left… I also don’t want anything with the word “hybrid “ attached to it just to get the extra HP…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80k on my 3.0 duramax. Let’s see how it holds up.

Vehicles have gone backwards in durability. Damn new ones seem to be 100k and they are money pits.

I run an 07 Tundra and a 02 Explorer back and forth to work. Couldn't be happier. $68 a year in taxes and insurance is pretty cheap since I got away from the State Farm crew.

Been keeping my eyes open for a 08 and down Sequoia 4x4 but haven't found that gem yet.

Domestic vehicles built during “Covid” are a nightmare. Some of the stuff we have seen doing warranty work is laughable. The newer ecoboosts seem to be the worse, but I think that’s more about how much it costs to fix each one. If you have a truck built before 2019, and you are happy, try to stay happy
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Yep what Kevin said, Thank the Gov
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    No, just a pot stirrer. I love my indestructible Honda 4 wheeler and Yamaha outboard. I guess I’ve just been lucky with the two GMC trucks I’ve had and never had major issues with.
    Honda (Timmonsville, SC) and Yamaha (Newnan, GA) make atvs and SxS in the US; however, neither make outboards here. Talking to the plant manager at Honda who successfully pitched moving SxS production from Mexico to the US said he also pitched building outboards here and said it was the shortest meeting he had ever attended. He said it was the single most aggressive dismissal of any item he had ever pitched. The Honda execs basically in the days and weeks that followed that production methods and secrets for the outboards could not be trusted outside of the current factories. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero