Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: External gas tank for generator

Default External gas tank for generator

Found out how to do this on YouTube, but it isn’t working. Anybody ever tried this? I’m thinking I might need a hose on the underside of the cap going down into the gas in the tank to maybe start the vacuum effect, but not sure. The YouTube video didn’t have that. Might need to shorten the line or elevate the tank as well. Thoughts?
    1DDA7FD3-5343-4DA9-ABAB-1CC60D48E22C.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Damn, lol

We did it recently. Get the tank higher than the generator, siphon to create flow, clamp line until you get it on the carb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

You will have to elevate the tank, get a 1/4 in npt bulkhead fitting with a valve. Drill hole in gas tank in bottom . Pipe it all in and you got it

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn, lol
    Help a brother out man, the satellite TV kicks out and has to be rebooted if we run out of gas at camp. This shit is serious….
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Lol, why didn’t you say so?

Do what they say above

I’ve always run a cheap pulse pump on small engines. Can then dip the fuel line in any container with fuel.

The better way to put a fitting on the bottom of the gas can and connect it to your carb. Pay attention to the height of the current connection and stay above that height. Leave the new big can in place and fill it from another as needed.

If all your connections are good (highly unlikely) you could also raise the red tank and set it on it’s side.

I used by boat tank and line once in a pinch. Worked fine.

The less i have to fuck with gas in a place without running water where I’m bow hunting the better.

Well……this ain’t likely to end well for you, lol

I have used a plastic drum with great success. Just build an X frame out of a few 2x4's and you don't have to fiddle with gas very often...

Is your tank vented?

Go find a large animal vet and get a 5 L Fluid bag and hang it like IV bag.

I've done it twice with small duck impoundment and 2 in gas pumps. I used a boat tank slightly higher than the pump.

Default Boat fuel tank

I just assembled mine tonight for my 2000 watt Predator. I left a primer bulb inline, not sure if that was needed or not. I bought the aluminum cap off amazon.

Hope it works, 7 1/2 gallons ought to keep my little 2000 watt running for 2 1/2 days on 7 1/2 gallons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Make sure NO leaks and elevate the tank as long as you got a pipe to the bottom of it and should be good to go----maybe?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Look at you go!