Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corn Feeder Recommendations

Go buy an All Seasons 600lb from Bucee’s. They’re damn good feeders. And listen to what thunderchicken said. 12v is the way to go.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

texas feeders…i put some out 10 years ago and still like new, one of them has been submerged and still works. i’m not sure about the batteries but i know they lasted years…maybe 5 or more.
    Windows Down!

Also, those Game Winner 12v No Hassle feeders are supposed to be pretty good.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Look at castaway feeders. Have one of the old barrel style for years. Put a solar panel on it and do nothing but keep it full of corn. Thing will sling corn 100ft.

The douglas feeder drops corn at your schedule straight under the feeder. The only sound is like rainfall. No corn spinning and making a ruckus against the legs and can be placed high enough to be a non-issue. I have mine on 55 gal. barrels and they last about 8-10 weeks. I think 3 seconds drops about a hat full.

IMG_20221209_183123502_HDR.jpg make it tall enough they can walk under it.
    Low country redneck who moved north

12v SpinTech feeder with solar charger. They are way over built. Very heavy duty. They close when they aren’t throwing corn which means that coons and squirrels can’t get to your corn. Also keeps smart deer from spinning it with their nose. Saves a lot of corn.

Put it on a 55 gallon drum. You can buy the leg kits or make your own from conduit from Lowe’s. Also buy a drum funnel so it will feed all the corn that you put into the feeder.

Make it as tall as you can. I’ve noticed that deer take to faster and like to use taller feeders more than short ones.

If you want to go the cheaper route. The “heavy duty” wild game from Walmart works fine. It slings the crap out of corn to be 6v.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 01-04-2023 at 01:38 PM.

All seasons
    Best there is
    Had or have em all.

Is this a permanent spot or somewhere you might need to get the feeder out of if you lose the lease or something?

I really like the academy game winner Big A feeders. Fill it in September and forget about it until mid December. With year round or close to year round feeding they will get conditioned to it and will start standing around waiting for it to go off. But while you can move them to a new location or property it’s a pain in the ass
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 01-04-2023 at 01:43 PM.

Everlast 12V feeder heads 79.99 on their website. I have had excellent customer service.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Ask Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I have a Texas hunting products protein feeder I'm going to be replacing soon. Message me if interested. I have enough stuff laying around.

I think Sweeney directional pond feeders are the best. You can fill it without a ladder or a winch. Aquapro pond feeders are similar although more cheaply made. Sweeny uses an auger to drop the feed onto a blower fan. Aquapro uses a spinner plate to drop it onto the blower and it's is not nearly as reliable. Texas Hunter has a model very similar to the Aquapro but I have not had a chance to look at one. Internet chatter suggests they may be better built but not as well built as Sweeney. Sweeneys are quite expensive, unless you value your time and amortize the money spent against how long they work trouble free. I have one that feeds fish on my pond and it has been in continuous operation for about 7 years and I've only had to change the battery once.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 01-04-2023 at 04:41 PM.

77447ED8-6770-416F-A818-CF2A0F1273F0.jpg
    7CE6D0B4-53D6-4249-B79D-032AA5CDAEBC.jpg
    We put three of these 600lb solar feeders on our lease in Ky. So far they have been pretty good. They sell a cheaper version at Buc’ees. It’s definitely a cry once but once, but we want to feed year round and this seems to be a good option.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    77447ED8-6770-416F-A818-CF2A0F1273F0.jpg
    7CE6D0B4-53D6-4249-B79D-032AA5CDAEBC.jpg
    We put three of these 600lb solar feeders on our lease in Ky. So far they have been pretty good. They sell a cheaper version at Buc’ees. It’s definitely a cry once but once, but we want to feed year round and this seems to be a good option.
    Who makes these?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I forget off the top of my head but i believe they are the same brand as the one at Bucees. My buddy picked them up for us in Hampton i believe (big dealer up there). I believe they had a couple more features than than the ones from Bucees as they were close to $900 vs $600. I can find out for sure though.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

They look like All Seasons
    Last edited by bitesize; 01-04-2023 at 05:27 PM.

CF99058E-9D13-47CE-9FDF-D5841D2EF0FE.jpeg
    The deer have taken to them pretty quickly (no many big bucks). This will be the first winter we have had them out so hopefully after everything dies off they will get real use to them.