Thread: 2019 ford f150 transfer case leak at drive shaft

Default 2019 ford f150 transfer case leak at drive shaft

I have 2019 ford f150 that I just noticed a small transfer case leak at drive shaft seal. Ford dealer says he cannot get to it for 3 weeks, is this ok to drive as is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I would say yes.

I know my xfer case is "non-serviceable", but surely you can check the fluid level.

Top her off if need be.

Or, if you're that worried about it, call KRT and see if you can talk him into looking at it now.

That seal is an easy repair. Put a bucket under that seal, remove the driveshaft, remove the slip shaft, pull seal and replace. Just make sure you have fluid to top off with because you're going to lose fluid when you remove that slip stub.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I would say yes.

I know my xfer case is "non-serviceable", but surely you can check the fluid level.

Top her off if need be.

Or, if you're that worried about it, call KRT and see if you can talk him into looking at it now.

That seal is an easy repair. Put a bucket under that seal, remove the driveshaft, remove the slip shaft, pull seal and replace. Just make sure you have fluid to top off with because you're going to lose fluid when you remove that slip stub.
    I'm no pro, but I agree. Unless it's "pouring" fluid I would think you are fine.

It's still under warranty, so I didn't want to mess with it, just because I am scared it will void the warranty.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    It's still under warranty, so I didn't want to mess with it, just because I am scared it will void the warranty.
    If it's under warranty what are you worried about. Drive it til it locks up

Drive it. You’re fine.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Thank You

~Chief Seattle ~

KRT, is this something common on these trucks? It only has 51,000 miles.

~Chief Seattle ~

Took the truck to a Ford service center (it's still under warranty), was told that it was such a slight leak and looks to have stopped, that Ford would not pay to replace the seal, to drive it and see if it starts leaking worse.

~Chief Seattle ~

Took the truck to a Ford service center (it's still under warranty), was told that it was such a slight leak and looks to have stopped, that Ford would not pay to replace the seal, to drive it and see if it starts leaking worse.
    Doesn't your warranty run out at 60,000? So they are hoping that it makes it another 9,000 then you foot the bill.

That’s BS you need to cause a scene. I just had a rear differential seal replaced without any issues at 36k.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan