Thread: COPPERHEAD ALERT! Don’t let THIS happen to you this spring!!!

Default COPPERHEAD ALERT! Don’t let THIS happen to you this spring!!!

I’ve heard WAY too many of these tragic, sad stories where spring turkey hunters go afield in SC to match wits with the great eastern wild Turkey only to have an up-close and personal encounter with the ill-tempered and not-so-hesitant to strike copperhead snake!

The majority of these run-ins end with all parties leaving the situation safe and happy, but all too often, the encounter ends tragically; all one has to do is type in a quick search of this site, and thread after thread of such tragic encounters will pop up immediately. There were at least 5 tragic cases last year.

I’m writing this to bring awareness so that YOU might avoid suffering the trauma so many on here have endured! DO NOT BE THAT GUY! Do not be the next hunter to have a deadly run-in with the beautiful but deadly Copperhead Snake…………………….

WITHOUT GETTING PAID$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you run into a copperhead snake (or any other ~20” or longer snakes with beautiful skin…but especially copperheads)
    and you are the type of human that simply must kill snakes on site, I will pay you good money for that dead snake.

All you have to do if you kill a snake this year to receive $$ from me:

1. Kill snake DEAD; please try to keep damage limited to the head by shooting it’s freaking head off from very close range…or use a .22 with rat shot to the head. If you are the chopping type….hack at him with one or two precision strikes to the noggin, as flailing away from a distance while dancing around and chanting some unintelligible, sub-conscious, fear-of-God-driven mixture of cuss-words and tongues will usually render the skin useless to me.

2. After making sure the snake is VERY DEAD, carry him by the tail to a sack or bucket or sone other receptacle that will allow you to transport it to your freezer.

3. Put snake in a big ziplock bag or a grocery bag, and throw it in the freezer.

4. PM me in here or reply to this thread letting me know you have the goods.

I will be in SC this year from April 2 thur April 14, and I will connect with you and set up a date and time to meet you and exchange cash for the dead snake.

I am paying $2.00 per inch for copperheads 16”-25”. I am paying $3.00 per inch for 25+” copperheads.

I will pay a $25.00 bonus for any 45” copperhead that is not shot/hacked up (45” of useable skin).

The offer is open until I have enough copperhead skins to do 4 bows.

If not in SC, I will pay for shipping of a frozen snake.

Moochy Grassy-ass!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 01-03-2023 at 08:31 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

You mean you don’t want them frozen alive in an animal cracker jug??

Hey, I’ll take what I can get.

Dang man, I was fishing on the ******££•+*^] River in early May and a Big Money copperhead was lounging on the trail. If I’d only known then what I know now.

“Since only 0.01% of copperhead bites are fatal, we can correctly estimate an average of 1 death every 4 years. This number is, of course, regrettable because getting treatment in time can save the victim's life. Dec 16, 2022”
    https://a-z-animals.com/blog/why-the...united-states/

Kill ‘em all

Ive killed 5 in my yard within 25 feet of the house and one hammer cottonmouth in the 5 years ive lived here. Next one ill save for ya.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Anti-venom ain’t cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

Fish gets it. They have a purpose. Bunch of pussy's is what the world is gone to.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Cancer research?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Ive killed 5 in my yard within 25 feet of the house and one hammer cottonmouth in the 5 years ive lived here. Next one ill save for ya.
    Well, you will probably never see another now that you said this!

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Fish gets it. They have a purpose. Bunch of pussy's is what the world is gone to.

A few of them will serve the purpose of providing a waterproof barrier to my bow backing whilst providing camo-concealment and making my bows not just bows, but BAD ASS bows.

post some pics of these bows. Would love to see some
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

My hunting bow skinned with SC copperheads...Thanks to Tha Dick!
    ;;;;;;;;;

One skinned with a Wyoming roadkill Bullsnake.

nm
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 01-06-2023 at 02:39 AM.

Damn, that's pretty.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I'd lay my bow down and forget about it and blast it all to hell when I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    I'd lay my bow down and forget about it and blast it all to hell when I found it.
    I have dropped and broken a full glass of Woodford and nearly soiled myself at least three times by forgetting that I had stashed a snake somewhere. I dropped the bourbon and tripped over shit piled in the garage when I opened a dorm fridge I'd forgotten I'd placed a snake in. Have nearly caused self-inflicted MIs opening the tailgate not thinking about a snake I'd just thrown in the back. My wife has been in on that action as well. Tha Dick hooked me up with the large copperhead skin on the limbs of that bow, and it made the ride form SC to Wyoming in the top tray of our drink cooler; by the time we made it back home, that snake had caused a small amount of unintentional urine output at least twice, and she was close to punching me.