Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamlin

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    And where did you get your medical degree from?
    “…know when to walk away…”
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

bncknad--i'm sorry you have to relive all that.

"know when to run"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm sorry for the kid and I understand the outpouring of support, but three dudes got killed by a scaffolding accident up here a couple of days ago. They got a 15-second spot on the news. Plenty more stories like that, too. Amazing how we call for prayer for famous people, yet ignore prayer for anyone else, or for anything else, for that matter. State of our union, I guess.

BB I completely understand and agree but I think what really got to folks is seeing it actually happen

As I have said on here, saw something very similar back in August at Westside Scrimmage. Crescent Cheerleader went into full blow cardiac arrest just like Hamlin did. In fact very similar just “softly collapsed “ right on the track. Talking about something that numbs you to the bone and makes you feel so helpless

I saw three guys leave the field in an ambulance during my playing days. All three were spinal or neck injuries that at the time made everyone fear paralysis. Fortunately, none of them actually suffered permanent paralysis. If i recall correctly, two were diagnosed with spinal stenosis and had to give up football. Sadly, one of those was a guy with NFL talent.

Seeing a guy leave the field in an ambulance will rock your soul as a player. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like to see medical personnel performing CPR and administering oxygen to a fellow player on the field. Prayers to Hamlin, his family, his medical team, and all of the guys who were on the field Monday night. I hope he he has a speedy and full recovery.

If y’all recall at Wofford College few yrs back a player went into cardiac arrest and they had to do CPR on him

I remember former Wofford Coach Mike Ayers talking about that day when he was speaker at Anderson TD club one year

Will say this, they finished playing the game if I recall it correctly
    Last edited by tprice; 01-05-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Miracles do exist!

Fantastic news!

Praise The Lord

Awesome

Great news

Good time to say…everyone, go attend a good BLS course, you can save someone’s life. Damn strong work from the folks involved and from The Man upstairs.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Good time to say…everyone, go attend a good BLS course, you can save someone’s life. Damn strong work from the folks involved and from The Man upstairs.
    Absolutely...Had to renew this week actually.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I have not watched the footage, and I don't want to; I see enough heartbreaking shit as is. My question is how long was he down before they started compressions? I'm sure the CPR and AED use was as good as you will ever see, but it worries me about the time it would take for them to realize he was unconscious, realize he was pulseless, get the jersey and pads off, and get to adequate pressures with the compressions. The players metabolic demand and body temp was undoubtedly very high, so that is going to decrease the amount of time he could have gone without blood pressure before the brain and heart muscle damage would become catastrophic. Praying for his recovery.
    They were on him in less than 30 seconds. I was watching the game and when he stood up and collapsed, the training staff sprinted off the sidelines. The players created a shield immediately, so I am thinking they immediately started chest compressions.

I read an article that stated he was in the absolute best place for this to happen besides standing in a hospital. As a Dr. you may disagree with the hospital being the BEST place.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

"George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Awesome
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I’m glad to hear there is progress. I was sure when watching it live that he fell dead. Kids watching too, my oldest said they better get him help or he won’t live. Kudos to the staff and emt’s that facilitated his reviving.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm sorry for the kid and I understand the outpouring of support, but three dudes got killed by a scaffolding accident up here a couple of days ago. They got a 15-second spot on the news. Plenty more stories like that, too. Amazing how we call for prayer for famous people, yet ignore prayer for anyone else, or for anything else, for that matter. State of our union, I guess.
    Can y’all imagine how much better the world we lived in would be if everyone prayed as much for folks they didn’t know as people that have absolutely no idea who he is have prayed for Hamlin this week?

Heck I’d venture to guess that 90% of people that even watch NFL football had never even heard of him before Monday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Can y’all imagine how much better the world we lived in would be if everyone prayed as much for folks they didn’t know as people that have absolutely no idea who he is have prayed for Hamlin this week?

Heck I’d venture to guess that 90% of people that even watch NFL football had never even heard of him before Monday night.

Agreed. Shows we are compassionate people but we get too hung up on our different opinions.

Shame it takes something like this for us to realize it

Power of Prayer is strong