Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamlin

Never understood why people believe that having questions about the reason why something happened is somehow disrespectful and less caring.

Also, not sure how a health concern that affects every person on the planet is political.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Because there 40-11 other forums available on here for you fuckers to start a thread about how it’s vaccine related, but this isn’t the one for it.

No more vaccine talk in this damn thread.

Those Africa threads are something special.

That was a terrible situation, especially feel bad for everyone that cares about him that had to watch that. Nothing worse than when someone you love is hurting and you are helpless to do anything about it.
    Last edited by wskinner; 01-03-2023 at 11:09 AM.

The kid took a full grown man’s shoulder at full speed to the chest and y’all can’t help but bring it up the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

^^^ the news was reporting the toy drive had raised less than $3000 before he was hurt. $3K to $3.5M over night is amazing.

I'm sorry for the kid and I understand the outpouring of support, but three dudes got killed by a scaffolding accident up here a couple of days ago. They got a 15-second spot on the news. Plenty more stories like that, too. Amazing how we call for prayer for famous people, yet ignore prayer for anyone else, or for anything else, for that matter. State of our union, I guess.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm sorry for the kid and I understand the outpouring of support, but three dudes got killed by a scaffolding accident up here a couple of days ago. They got a 15-second spot on the news. Plenty more stories like that, too. Amazing how we call for prayer for famous people, yet ignore prayer for anyone else, or for anything else, for that matter. State of our union, I guess.
    How bout the 11 year old girl from Cornelius that's been missing since Thanksgiving. She could probably use a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Because there 40-11 other forums available on here for you fuckers to start a thread about how it’s vaccine related, but this isn’t the one for it.

No more vaccine talk in this damn thread.
    I have a friend that brings up the vaccine every time someone dies. It's getting tiresome.

Can Commissar Tater please advise what we can talk about at the onset of each thread so as to not offend the party?

Sig Heil
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Monkeys jumping on the bed is off limits.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed talk in this thread.
    Last edited by everlast; 01-04-2023 at 08:34 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Can Commissar Tater please advise what we can talk about at the onset of each thread so as to not offend the party?

Sig Heil
    He prefers czar

Any updates on his condition?

Some improvement but still critical
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post

Sig Heil
    You post, I decide.

Ah, sort of Russian roulette style.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

He isn't the first person to take a sharp blow to the chest and go into cardiac arrest. And it's def news worthy when it happens on MNF, like it or not.

Hope he makes a full recovery, glad to hear he is still alive

Hope he makes a full recovery and gets to spend at least some
    Of the off season at Myrtle beach.

I had a friend on my little league team back in the late 80's take a line drive right into his chest. They worked on him forever until the ambulance arrived. Unfortunately he didn't make it. Seeing Hamlin go down brought back so many memories that I tried to hide. Praying for Hamlin to make full recovery.