Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hamlin

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Agreed. Shows we are compassionate people
    Tell that to the wounded veterans who are subjected to a VA system that is run like the Columbia DMV...

I think if nothing else, it brought some humanity to something we as fans take for granted. How many times does someone get carted off the field with serious injuries, some of them never to be heard from again (on the field), and someone else just steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Can y’all imagine how much better the world we lived in would be if everyone prayed as much for folks they didn’t know as people that have absolutely no idea who he is have prayed for Hamlin this week?

Heck I’d venture to guess that 90% of people that even watch NFL football had never even heard of him before Monday night.
    I pray for lots of things and lots of people. Some specific that I know personally or have been brought to my attention through here or through friends. But mostly general. Just because it doesn't get hashtagged on the grams doesn't mean it isn't happening.

But to your point, yes, I agree, the world would be better if more people prayed for people they feel are deserving of it but even more importantly praying for those they DON'T feel are deserving of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

But to your point, yes, I agree, the world would be better if more people prayed for people they feel are deserving of it but even more importantly praying for those they DON'T feel are deserving of it.
    Absolutely. Throw in the fact that none of us deserve prayer or blessings from God, and people will get to the heart of what prayer is

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Absolutely. Throw in the fact that none of us deserve prayer or blessings from God, and people will get to the heart of what prayer is
    And there it is!

MM and Glenn, preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I pray for lots of things and lots of people. Some specific that I know personally or have been brought to my attention through here or through friends. But mostly general. Just because it doesn't get hashtagged on the grams doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Absolutely agree. Had this verse put on my heart last night by one of my best friends and it really made me stop and think about how I act on a day to day basis…..

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Beautiful!

Hamlin’s breathing tube has been removed.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    They were on him in less than 30 seconds. I was watching the game and when he stood up and collapsed, the training staff sprinted off the sidelines. The players created a shield immediately, so I am thinking they immediately started chest compressions.

I read an article that stated he was in the absolute best place for this to happen besides standing in a hospital. As a Dr. you may disagree with the hospital being the BEST place.
    Depends on which hospital and where in said hospital, but I know exactly what you mean.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm sorry for the kid and I understand the outpouring of support, but three dudes got killed by a scaffolding accident up here a couple of days ago. They got a 15-second spot on the news. Plenty more stories like that, too. Amazing how we call for prayer for famous people, yet ignore prayer for anyone else, or for anything else, for that matter. State of our union, I guess.
    I totally agree (odd I know). Now, why did Mollie get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Absolutely agree. Had this verse put on my heart last night by one of my best friends and it really made me stop and think about how I act on a day to day basis…..

I think Richard put that up there and I saw it. Great post
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Dang, I thought he paused because he was about to cry. I wish that'd been the case...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    That seems VERY odd
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

So who's paying him to not say it was from the vax?

Nfl, Pfizer, Biden admin?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I'm still sticking with getting hit directly in the chest by a truck having
    a little something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I'm still sticking with getting hit directly in the chest by a truck having
    a little something to do with it
    Tee do be a grown ass man....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.