Thread: Corner Crossing Private Land?

Default Corner Crossing Private Land?

What ye say? Legal or illegal? The rich being greedy? If legal will they construct a permanent bridge?

Missouri, lending the hunting group some knowledge about property boundaries. At every corner in question, the hunters were able to locate the survey monuments — often less than a foot high — because a taller stake or T-post, as well as the onX app, marked their locations, according to court records.

At one corner they used a makeshift fence ladder to climb over two T-posts that blocked the corner, evidence at their criminal trial revealed.

Cape himself said in a conversation recorded by a law enforcement body cam video “we never had been on private land.” Fellow hunter Phillip Yeomans wrote in a statement that the group explained to ranch property manager Grende “that we crossed every corner legally and that we have pictures of every USGS corner and T-post marker.”

Wyoming Game and Fish Department law enforcement officer Jake Miller described the hunters’ actions in a report. “They understood that GPSs are only accurate to about 30 feet so they looked for the marker at every corner before crossing.”

In both the resolved criminal trial and the ongoing civil suit the hunters were alleged to have trespassed by passing through the airspace above Eshelman’s property.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Mergied!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I’m torn now. I used to be in favor of corner crossing being legal, but if the ranch owner wins this based on the air-space theory…well, I’d rather see all the folks on here shooting down drones.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

If the airspace theory wins, bout to send all the airlines a certified letter telling them its time to re-up their leases to use my air space!!!!!