Thread: Best bird bag

Default Best bird bag

Any of you guys that have to handle live quail for dog training need to know about these bags. They have a spring loaded opening that you can slide one hand in and it won't gap enough to let birds fly out. Both sides are mesh and one side has a separate pocket for miscellaneous stuff, like leashes or collar remotes. It's one of those products that you can tell was designed and refined by real bird dog people. I've used many different styles and brands but none are as well designed as these.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is my young dog pointing with the old dog backing.

They do work well but have a back up because that spring up top will eventually fail.

Good looking pups. Birds flying well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Nitz has on of these: https://www.southstatetradingpost.com/

It's very well made (in USA) and functional. I would strongly consider one if I had a bird dog(s).

The bag PB posted about is for holding live birds while you train or when you go out to plant them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    This is my young dog pointing with the old dog backing.

Nice picture and dogs PB.

I've got a pretty old model that still works fine. Improvemens have been made since the green one in the foreground but it is still going strong. I more often use it as a dead bird bag in the dove field since it has a muted color. I did have the spring break on an old one but that was after it spent an entire off season lost in a field.

I'm factoring these bird bags into my equation..thanks for shay-rin'
    At least I'm housebroken.

I overlooked the clip on the mouth for too long. Works great to clip to a back belt loop to keep from moving all around or keep out of sight when training. . The orange bag causes general mayhem with my dog as he knows it’s time for birds once he sees it