Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Landowners win in frist ever suit about trespassing deer dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Shit I deal with it weekly. Caught the main one 3 weeks ago dead in the middle of my place, caught his dog and the GW wrote him a warning. Nothing like sitting in the stand at prime time with your 7 year old and having a pack of dogs come running across the foodplot behind 20 deer.
    Me and that GW would not be on good terms at this point. I would be talking to whoever signs his paycheck. In other words, someone from Columbia would be explaining to me (for the GW) why a ticket wasn't written.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Ya'll need to write a letter to the landowner that is giving them permission to hunt. Threaten to sue the piss out of them for allowing their tenants to interfere with your right to a peaceful hunt. Send it certified. That has put a stop to the bulk of dog problems in this state. I like dog hunting as much as anyone and there are some really good clubs out there that do it the right way but the 5 acre clubs are ruining it for everyone.
    These guys turn loose on heirs property and in backyards and such and cut them off on public paved and dirt roads. You can’t sue people that don’t have anything. If you’re from manning I’m sure you are familiar with the group I’m talking about as they trespass from Davis Station to Rimini to Sumter and Santee.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Me and that GW would not be on good terms at this point. I would be talking to whoever signs his paycheck. In other words, someone from Columbia would be explaining to me (for the GW) why a ticket wasn't written.
    This guy was brand new, I showed my ass a little bit after the fact. The GW I usually call was off and he has taken about 9 licenses over the past 3 years, not that it stops them.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 12-29-2022 at 01:33 PM.

I hunt near that area and Feel your pain. They drop from the swamp on us and then go stand the public road. Dog hunting needs to go the way of smoking in restaurants; hate it but it’s run it’s course.

Shit I deal with it weekly. Caught the main one 3 weeks ago dead in the middle of my place, caught his dog and the GW wrote him a warning. Nothing like sitting in the stand at prime time with your 7 year old and having a pack of dogs come running across the foodplot behind 20 deer.
    That’s crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrohunter View Post
    I hunt near that area and Feel your pain. They drop from the swamp on us and then go stand the public road. Dog hunting needs to go the way of smoking in restaurants; hate it but it’s run it’s course.
    What’s the law to hunt from the public road? Have to have permission to hunt the adjacent property?

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    what’s the law to hunt from the public road? Have to have permission to hunt the adjacent property?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    "An act to amend the code of laws of south carolina, 1976, by adding section 50-11-770 so as to enact the "renegade hunter act", to provide it is unlawful for a person to hunt from a road, right of way, property line, boundary, or property upon which he does not have hunting rights with the aid or use of a dog when the dog has entered upon the land of another without written permission or over which the person does not have hunting rights, to provide the provisions of this section apply whether the person in control of the dog intentionally or unintentionally releases, allows, or otherwise causes the dog to enter upon the land of another without permission of the landowner, to provide certain definitions, to provide exceptions, and to provide penalties."

That is the quote straight off the statehouse website.
    Last edited by Coastal Woodie; 12-29-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    "An act to amend the code of laws of south carolina, 1976, by adding section 50-11-770 so as to enact the "renegade hunter act", to provide it is unlawful for a person to hunt from a road, right of way, property line, boundary, or property upon which he does not have hunting rights with the aid or use of a dog when the dog has entered upon the land of another without written permission or over which the person does not have hunting rights, to provide the provisions of this section apply whether the person in control of the dog intentionally or unintentionally releases, allows, or otherwise causes the dog to enter upon the land of another without permission of the landowner, to provide certain definitions, to provide exceptions, and to provide penalties."

That is the quote straight off the statehouse website.
    So it doesn’t sound like we need now laws, we need to enforce the ones we already have in place. Seems to be a reoccurring theme in this country.

They're not going to ban it b/c the prominent families in the low country don't want it banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    They're not going to ban it b/c the prominent families in the low country don't want it banned.
    Never really thought of this but I bet the fellas at Middleton Hunt Club work pretty hard to keep it from being banned.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

It doesn’t need to be banned. There are still plenty that do it the right way. They (gw and judges) need to enforce the laws that are in place now and the legislature needs to pass a few additional ones, mainly a minimum acreage to hunt deer with the aid of dogs.

These guys turn loose on heirs property and in backyards and such and cut them off on public paved and dirt roads. You can’t sue people that don’t have anything. If you’re from manning I’m sure you are familiar with the group I’m talking about as they trespass from Davis Station to Rimini to Sumter and Santee.
    I think I only saw them once this year. Years past, I swear I'd see them multiple times during the week.

His name Texas Ranger?

Or Paul?

Obi-Wan

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Obi-Wan
    If Obi-Wan saw a fox/deer/coyote, he would probably piss on himself......but he's still a good looking hound.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-29-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Beautiful hound. Appears to be full of manners as well.

Permission or own property on both sides adjacent to the road. If your gun is loaded and you don’t have permission/own both sides, you technically are in the wrong and get cited. And no, you do not need to be actively shooting at a deer to be ticketed.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    What’s the law to hunt from the public road? Have to have permission to hunt the adjacent property?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot14 View Post
    Permission or own property on both sides adjacent to the road. If your gun is loaded and you don’t have permission/own both sides, you technically are in the wrong and get cited. And no, you do not need to be actively shooting at a deer to be ticketed.
    I think it is only one side, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If Obi-Wan saw a fox/deer/coyote, he would probably piss on himself......but he's still a good looking hound.
    He’ll put a raccoon up a tree in a hurry.