Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunter killed in Kershaw Co.

Terrible
    Tragic
    Can't imagine

I used to man drive with a small group of buddies in rock hill, but I'm very particular about the groups of people I get around with firearms.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Matt was a friend of mine. He was an incredible person and will truly be missed.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Man, this makes me sick. I have no information in which to base any judgement. Impulse control is a tricky thing
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Thoughts and prayers for his family…
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Matt was a great man and father, his family and children will need all of the prayers they can get as they process this.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Can you confirm this was a man drive please? Just want to make sure before sharing with my son. We were having this same conversation last Saturday about how man drives, especially ma drives being done by folks that don't know what they are doing. It's probably one of the most dangerous styles of deer hunting out there IMO.
    It was 100% a man drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster13 View Post
    What was the name of the club?
    Shivers Green Hunt Club. It's a small club mostly friends and family with less than 1000 acres.

Thanks for the response Jim. My son and I have had this conversation several times over the years. He's done a number of man drives where the drivers also carry firearms. Not a a good idea IMO.
    Over the years the have been quite a few hunters killed on man drives. Particularly in the NE where they don't hunt with dogs and man drives are more common.
    Like others, this story hurts my heart. The obituary says he left behind 5 kids.
    Yall be safe out there.

The part about five kids just kills me.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Have mercy.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    This tragedy happened on a hunting club I used to be a member of. My brother-in-law and his wife's father have the lease. They have a man drive every year at the end of the season with this one ending horribly. To make things worse Matt had his young children right beside him when this happened. Prayers for his family and all involved.
    Dang. Only thing I can do is pray for everyone involved. Praying for the family, the club, and everyone involved. Such a sad and horrible situation

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    This tragedy happened on a hunting club I used to be a member of. My brother-in-law and his wife's father have the lease. They have a man drive every year at the end of the season with this one ending horribly. To make things worse Matt had his young children right beside him when this happened. Prayers for his family and all involved.

Man that is TERRIBLE. Prayers sent for all involved. Can not imagine
    Last edited by tprice; 12-29-2022 at 07:46 AM.