Thread: This is a football player

Default This is a football player

Saw this on net last night, glad to see some folks still believe in commitment. I guess over the last few years I can somewhat understand sitting out a bowl game if top NFL player but other side of me thinks they been playing this game all their lives and 1 more game should not be a big deal.

636F2B15-C32F-49D8-8DDD-16392744E190.jpg

Says alot about a persons character whether they stick it out till the end or walk. Zero respect for the ones that bail on their team.

Bama sucks.

But that guy is okay.

That's admirable for sure but I can't lie, that'd be one tough decision.

It could be a multi million dollar decision. Get tackled once the wrong way, and your career is over. Is it really worth the risk?? I remember Trevor Lawrence has some sort of Insurance Policy on him for like $22mil if he had a career ending injury....
    Last edited by Fireman; 12-27-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I remember Trevor Lawrence has some sort of Insurance Policy on him for like $22mil if he had a career ending injury....

They (top round draft picks ) carry career ending insurance policies which (if I recall correctly ) are tax free if they collect

Still recall seeing Willis McGhee go down in bowl game, thought it was truly a career ending injury but he went on to great NFL career

Thank god there’s still some sanity left in the world! They sign to play at good teams to win these bowl games, not too opt out. If they want to opt out , they need to go play at a D2 school and go to the draft as soon as they’re eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    They (top round draft picks ) carry career ending insurance policies which (if I recall correctly ) are tax free if they collect

Still recall seeing Willis McGhee go down in bowl game, thought it was truly a career ending injury but he went on to great NFL career
    McGhee injury was in the national title game but I get what you saying. I’m sure Jalen Smith the LB from Notre Dame would like to have that last bowl game he played in to do over again.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    McGhee injury was in the national title game but I get what you saying. I’m sure Jalen Smith the LB from Notre Dame would like to have that last bowl game he played in to do over again.
    1.football is a contact sport.
    2.the chances of injury aren't higher bc it's your last game or a bowl game.

count up the number of players who didn't get hurt. if you are a top draft pick play a few games to prove you still got it and opt out the rest of the year. you know bc they could get hurt and everything. where does it end?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Respect his decision, but I'd understand if he didn't play. That kid's gonna be a top-five pick, regardless of whether he plays or not.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Hard to fault a kid trying to do what’s best for him and his family- don’t think bowl game performance impacts his draft stock- on the flip side injury sure as shit could!

If these bowls were smart, they would get together to host “Bowl Pro Day”. Just like the combine, but only invite players who are playing the bowl games. Give the kids incentive to play, reward them for making a bowl with their team, and get some guys exposure to pro scouts that may not otherwise have it. You can bet if a player is on the 1st/2nd round bubble and his peers are playing to showcase in front of scouts, he would be there too.