Thread: Dagger dove tail attachment plate

Default Dagger dove tail attachment plate

Instead of buying a new slide. Figured I would see if anyone has purchased a dove tail mounting plate that will fit a 407k x2 Holosun. I purchased on off Amazon that said it would fit but it does not…. Surprise surprise. Thanks!
    Last edited by darealdeal; 12-22-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I purchased the EGW dovetail mount for my gsg firefly 22. Easy to install and has held zero for 150 rounds. Just got installed earlier this week. Sits a little higher than dedicated cut slide but I like it so far.

Not uncommon to need a little “fitment”. At least that’s my experience with sights. Honestly, you should just have your slide milled. It will sit lower, no plate required and you can get it done pretty cheap.

I’ve put EGW dovetail mounts on several handguns. All needed a little fitting. Use a triangle file, dovetail file is best, and take a few strokes off of mount and check fit. Repeat as needed. It must be tight but you shouldn’t have to beat the hell out of it.

The tabs on front of the plate do not fit the 407k. Says it is suppose to fit but it sits uneven on the plate due to the tabs. Could file down the tabs on the front I’m sure the screws will hold it in place well enough…..
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965