Thread: Chandeleur Island Mothership

Default Chandeleur Island Mothership

Looking for recommendations. Has anyone done it? Thinking about making this my next trip. Google has plenty of charters listed, just looking for personal experiences. Thanks!
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 12-14-2022 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

You talking about the jack up boat they have setup out there? The Chandeleur Islander?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Where will you be leaving the hill from? With a little guts you can make it in a large duck boat on a calm day from Hopedale at least. A center console bay boat would be recommended though...

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Where will you be leaving the hill from? With a little guts you can make it in a large duck boat on a calm day from Hopedale at least. A center console bay boat would be recommended though...
    How far is that run?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    How far is that run?

Wouldn’t do it in less than a small center console

Due South Charters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We fish there through Venice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Due South Charters.
    Second this

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    You talking about the jack up boat they have setup out there? The Chandeleur Islander?
    I think they move it around from time to time. The Pelican is up and running again.

It's closer out of Biloxi. There are several motherships that make trips out there. Looking to spend 3 days out there fishing, not running back and forth.

The ones I looked at in Biloxi leave at midnight and when you wake up, the skiffs are in the water and ready to fish after breakfast.

I checked out Due South Charters already. My question is, says 10-12 people. If you have a party of 2 or 4, the others are mixed party? Or do you need a party of 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I'm pretty sure you have to find 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    It's closer out of Biloxi. There are several motherships that make trips out there. Looking to spend 3 days out there fishing, not running back and forth.

The ones I looked at in Biloxi leave at midnight and when you wake up, the skiffs are in the water and ready to fish after breakfast.

I checked out Due South Charters already. My question is, says 10-12 people. If you have a party of 2 or 4, the others are mixed party? Or do you need a party of 10?
    The company I work for does a trip every year and they always take 12.

Ralph me and a buddy may be interested depending on dates and such if youre looking for crew to fill the boat. I have always wanted to do that trip.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm