Thread: F3

Default F3

Who on here participates in their local F3? I need to shed a few, and I know how my mind and body work when it comes to accountability with others. I also like the idea Fitness, Fellowship and Faith... getting to meet some like minded individuals and building a friendship with them etc. My local group meets M,W,F if they are still active. Just need to reach out to them.

I go typically 2-3 times a week.

It's good to surround yourself with good people.

Iron sharpens iron.

I did it for probably seven years…..stopped about six months ago because I hurt my back. Good people, helps make you accountable and you’re done for the day a few minutes after six which is nice. Be prepared to have someone tens years younger than you to call a bunch of exercises that are stupid and lead to bad form and injuries. No idea how old you are, but my body does not work in my forties like it did in my twenties.

Best advice I can give is go at your own pace, modify the exercise if you need to and don’t get wrapped up in unreasonable quantities and trying to keep up with the next guy. Push yourself, but don’t hurt yourself.

To see results and keep up, you will need to do something in your off days too. Run, ride a bike, etc.

Don’t forget to put the F3 sticker on your truck.

Around here we've got a whole crew of old friends that do it, Chess came over and helped them start up I think... I pass them prancing around in the middle of the street during the week. I feel like everyone of them has hurt themselves in some form between throwing logs or rolling skidder tires or some shit. It is wise to pace yourself in transition from investment banker to some viking entering battle.

Nailed it HS, but I need to get my weak ass on that path. We are fixing to need to be vikings for a bit...

I do F3 workouts in Lexington. There are bootcamps, runs, pickleball, ultimate frisbee, etc to help get you in shape while working out with great guys.

A new group is starting up in 3 weeks and I thought I would give it a shot. Not interested in keeping up with the next guy as the only person I am competing against is myself. I have finally mastered self accountability (for now) so my main interest in this group is to add something different in the mix.

Also signed up for my first 5k coming up soon. I hate running but have been pushing myself for the last 4 months to make it part of my routine for a min of 30 mins a day.

I am closing in on 6 months of staying on track with my plan to better myself physically. In return, my mental focus is better than ever and I feel like I am becoming a better person each day. The "personal growth and development" and "being the best version of myself" helps when you treat your body with respect. Its not easy or glamorous, but for me it is a necessity.

I have a daily goal of 60 mins of elevated cardio with 15-20 mins of some sort of resistance machines and weights. My watch tracks the calories I burn, which is very helpful. I have also been keeping a food journal on my phone that links in and shows my daily progress for calorie management.

And you cant out run a bad diet...
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I ride a bike with the dog on the days I don't go.

I'm not trying to be in the best shape, just staying alive.

I lost about 30lbs over two years with fasting/exercise after our first girl was born.

Most F3 groups are good guys. The only thing negative I could say about F3 is that it's usually an outdoor events. Outdoors at 5:30am is not what I would call ideal conditions for at least half the year. But, some guys like the "rustic" feel of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    A new group is starting up in 3 weeks and I thought I would give it a shot. Not interested in keeping up with the next guy as the only person I am competing against is myself. I have finally mastered self accountability (for now) so my main interest in this group is to add something different in the mix.

Also signed up for my first 5k coming up soon. I hate running but have been pushing myself for the last 4 months to make it part of my routine for a min of 30 mins a day.

I am closing in on 6 months of staying on track with my plan to better myself physically. In return, my mental focus is better than ever and I feel like I am becoming a better person each day. The "personal growth and development" and "being the best version of myself" helps when you treat your body with respect. Its not easy or glamorous, but for me it is a necessity.

I have a daily goal of 60 mins of elevated cardio with 15-20 mins of some sort of resistance machines and weights. My watch tracks the calories I burn, which is very helpful. I have also been keeping a food journal on my phone that links in and shows my daily progress for calorie management.

And you cant out run a bad diet...
    This is the key to any exercise success.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-14-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Been participating with F3 for 4 years now. Great to have a group of guys to push you and keep you accountable. Have made some great friendships through it.
    With 4 kids, only time I can really workout is in the early morning hours. I'm a morning person anyway so waking up at 4:30 everyday doesn't bother me. I'm back home everyday before anyone else in the house is up.

Like others have said, do it at your pace. Some will put out some workouts that are insane. Focus on form and not speed.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I went for years. Really enjoyed it. Over time the new guys were getting younger and I was still getting older. I agree on what others have said about being mindful and pacing yourself. It is exactly what you would expect with a bunch of men getting together at 5:30am. The competitive side takes over and your in your 40’s trying to show the guys in their 20’s you’ve still got it. You don’t. At least not like you did in your 20’s. There are no trainers out there in most cases, there’s no one that is going to correct your form, etc, but then again it’s 100% free. As I got older, having a trainer on site is worth what I pay at my gym, but I still go out there to the F3 workouts from time to time.

Go Gene go. I am dying to get off this bicycle and start running but keep putting off the knee surgery. A walk through Costco leaves me crippled and I am tired of that bullshit...

go do cross fit with your little brother
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-14-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Bootcamp-style workout called Hammer, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:15 at Trenholm Park on Bethel Church Road in Columbia. Ask for BooBoo

find a workout near you: https://f3nation.com/workouts/

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday in Camden Rectory Square. Many “respect” (over 50 guys) plus some youth mixed in. Great group of guys and great workouts. You get out of them what you put in “you against you”. Been going five years now and I’m 57. Don’t let age hold you back as we have a 75 yr old who inspires us all.

Whether it’s F3, CrossFit, Orange Theory, or whatever the newest craze is, I applaud anyone trying to get in shape even if I don’t agree with the methods. Obesity is literally killing this country.

As has been mentioned, the greatest workout routine will not overcome a poor diet. Wild game and fish does not need to be drenched in flour and fried in crappy oils to taste good.

^^^

If people ever wake up to the fact that the shit they are shoveling down their throats is DESIGNED to make you eat more, they will quit. Like everything else in this rotted corpse of a country, everything is about money...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    ^^^

If people ever wake up to the fact that the shit they are shoveling down their throats is DESIGNED to make you eat more, they will quit. Like everything else in this rotted corpse of a country, everything is about money...
    I will never not be amazed by the number of outdoorsmen who are fat or obese. They take some of the best food on earth then foul it up with crap. They also need modern day equipment to get them as close as possible to their spot rather than walking.

Cooking something in fat from a wild hog is infinitely better than Crisco or vegetable oil. The dogs got on a fabulous sow last night that was approximately 200 lbs. and nearly 800 yards from the truck when we stuck her. We dressed out the shoulders, dressed out the hams, and cut out the back straps. My shoulders and forearms were on fire when I got back to the truck from toting out the shoulders, but leaving that meat because it was a long walk wasn’t an option. I ate about two pounds of the back strap cooked in an iron skillet tonight with nothing but salt and pepper and it was magnificent.