Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Dammit Son, give mama and them boys some heat!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

^ Right. Although I really like that weather gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Y'all hearing anything about "Rolling Black Outs" around here? Hearing about folks being out for an hour and a half or so at a time.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Duke is being run into the ground by... let's just say greedy scum. Think Ellett Brothers. Think Cabelas. You are screwed if they are your provider...

In the last quartly meeting Duke announced they were selling off all of their renewable energy stating that it was not a reliable future and that they are putting their investments into small modular nuclear units instead. Need to put some of that money back into the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    9 in the burg.

0 with the wind.

And my idiot self is in a deer stand.
    Bathroom issues made me a half hour late getting to my spot this morning. My reward was bumping a good size group exactly where I was going to set up doing exactly what I hoped they would do. Sat there for about an hour and a half waiting to see if another would come through and spent most of that time contemplating more adequate footwear options.

The flu hit me yesterday morning. It sucks missing out on all the Christmas festivities but it certainly gives me a good excuse to stay inside and out of the cold.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    The flu hit me yesterday morning. It sucks missing out on all the Christmas festivities but it certainly gives me a good excuse to stay inside and out of the cold.
    Hope you feel better soon. Looks like a lot of folks will miss family gatherings due to the flu this year.
    Bone....

Quote Originally Posted by HERRINGBONE View Post
    Hope you feel better soon. Looks like a lot of folks will miss family gatherings due to the flu this year.
    Thank you,

The worst part was missing my grandads birthday breakfast, he turned 83 today

Hate that for you buddy. I can relate with you as I started last night with it. Very bad timing
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Hate that for you buddy. I can relate with you as I started last night with it. Very bad timing
    Thanks, Cody.
    Hope you get over it quickly

It hit me out if the blue yesterday morning about 8. Feeling better this afternoon so hope I’m on the tail end of it

It’s been rough- left LaGuardia at 4pm to fly back to Charleston with a connecting flight in Reagan Thursday.
    Initial flight was delayed so we missed the connection. Got put on a flight to Columbia at 2 am Friday in Reagan only to be taken back off the plane as they said the pilots had timed out. Took a taxi to bwi at four am to catch a flight to Charlotte then to go to Charleston. Flight was delayed to charlotte so we knew we were going to miss the Charleston flight. Tried to land in Charlotte and the plane was blown almost sideways so pilot never touched down but went on to Columbia and had to land there as we were out of fuel. We got off on tarmac and shuttled to airport in cola. Wife left her purse and my oldest left his phone on plane. Fortunately her purse was recovered but not his phone. Took an Uber home from cola and then had to drive to Charleston to get wife’s vehicle yesterday at 5pm. By the time I got home I was running a 103 fever and was about delirious as I’ve ever been. Im ok with being in bed for a bit after all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

It’s been rough- left LaGuardia at 4pm to fly back to Charleston with a connecting flight in Reagan Thursday.
    Initial flight was delayed so we missed the connection. Got put on a flight to Columbia at 2 am Friday in Reagan only to be taken back off the plane as they said the pilots had timed out. Took a taxi to bwi at four am to catch a flight to Charlotte then to go to Charleston. Flight was delayed to charlotte so we knew we were going to miss the Charleston flight. Tried to land in Charlotte and the plane was blown almost sideways so pilot never touched down but went on to Columbia and had to land there as we were out of fuel. We got off on tarmac and shuttled to airport in cola. Wife left her purse and my oldest left his phone on plane. Fortunately her purse was recovered but not his phone. Took an Uber home from cola and then had to drive to Charleston to get wife’s vehicle yesterday at 5pm. By the time I got home I was running a 103 fever and was about delirious as I’ve ever been. Im ok with being in bed for a bit after all that.
    Sounds miserable. I can see where you had plenty of opportunity to catch it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightmare fuel. Glad you made it back safely.

Why I quit flying commercial--Period!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I experienced a couple of firsts; I planned on trying to kill a few more pheasants on this trip to NoDak, and I did not go out because it was too cold.

I also experienced a 67 degree temperature swing in <36 hours. -27 Thursday night/Friday morning (-58 WCF) to a high of 40 yesterday afternoon. Yup, a 67 degree warmup, and I’m still cold.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Why I quit flying commercial--Period!!
    Nothing but the Leer for the good Dr now
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

so was it global warming or the vax that caused this?
    It’s climate change. And stop bringing up the vaccine. It’s not a vaccine and you were wrong about all of it. Let it go, man. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Your enemy is not my enemy.
    All this time and I didn’t know murray was a yankee. A little heads up would be appreciated, guys.

Nope. Just married a girl from Ohio.