Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter is coming

Some sleet in Greenville earlier and straight suck at the beach. How the hell does one keep an outdoor shower from freezing other than running it?

I got sleeted on while catching this fish yesterday…..

That one would be nice in some hot grease...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Some sleet in Greenville earlier and straight suck at the beach. How the hell does one keep an outdoor shower from freezing other than running it?
    Put it inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Put it inside.
    That's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Water cut off behind some insulation and drian the line.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Wrapped pipes with anything you got. I used old clothes, pool noodles and draped insulation over everything in my well house
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

heat tape and insulation

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sitting in a restaurant near Dillon, MT in July 2018, a local said to me "How do you like it here?" I looked every bit the part of a fishing tourist-nitz, and I replied "It's incredible..just incredible" or some rubbish. He then said to me "Come back in January when its 70 below"
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Sitting in a restaurant near Dillon, MT in July 2018, a local said to me "How do you like it here?" I looked every bit the part of a fishing tourist-nitz, and I replied "It's incredible..just incredible" or some rubbish. He then said to me "Come back in January when its 70 below"
    I bet eastovercowboy is glad he is home for Christmas, its a touch cold at the ranch right now at -20. I remember in 2010 waking up one morning to the wind howling and I looked at the thermometer out the window and it said -27. My eyelashes froze together that morning and nothing wanted to run.
    cut\'em

In ND hunting one year, a local told us he hated these conditions (wet turning frigid with the wind blowing) because the cows' hooves would freeze to the ground and the wind would push them over breaking their legs and bleeding them out. Let that sink in for a minute. It is something you never forget. MG

PS the countermeasure was to get them all inside if you can or stay up breaking the ice from around their hooves.
    Dum Spiro Spero

That’s nuts
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    In ND hunting one year, a local told us he hated these conditions (wet turning frigid with the wind blowing) because the cows' hooves would freeze to the ground and the wind would push them over breaking their legs and bleeding them out. Let that sink in for a minute. It is something you never forget. MG

PS the countermeasure was to get them all inside if you can or stay up breaking the ice from around their hooves.
    Dang it boy

Currently 1° at my house (not wind chill, 1°), getting down in the negatives tonight. My sister is in Billings visiting in laws and her flight was cancelled … I don’t envy her at all.

Went into town and fought the snow, took the kids to Daniel Boone Inn. Hardly any tourists and good food to warm you up.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Currently 1° at my house (not wind chill, 1°), getting down in the negatives tonight. My sister is in Billings visiting in laws and her flight was cancelled … I don’t envy her at all.
    I came here to holler at you and see what was what. Worse than I thought for sure. I had to cook some oysters for the crowd at lunch, I saw it was already freezing below Orangeburg. It is, indeed, coming...

My niece with frozen hair and eyelashes after tending to her horses in Bozeman, MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Bloodcicles rock...