Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micro/sub 9 With Optic & Light

Subcompact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36B1F69B-B882-4FF5-8A51-FFBAB93D7AEC.jpg
    Overhang is minimal at best. Certainly not enough to hang or catch.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I’m doing the same with a 365XL. Yes, it’s a bit snappy depending on the ammo, but it’s more accurate, for me, than my old Kahr P9 due to index finger arthritis, and also less snappy and more accurate than my PM9. I do keep a Hogue Hand-All grip sleeve with the beavertail on it, which helps. I do plannn by to add a light to it, but not an RD.
    Funny I don’t find it as snappy as my G19

I have found that for me, small and simple is better. I’m a lot more inclined to carry my 365 without a light and red dot adding bulk/size
    Last edited by ShortMagFan; 12-10-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I bought a 43X and planned on running the Shield mags... Then all the videos about them messing up hit the youtube so I never ran it. What's been your experience CW?
    I had initial issues with my Shield replacement mag catch. They replaced it immediately and it's been no issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    That's about what I will end up with. Running the G48 with that light.... haven't sprung for the optic yet. May get it direct milled.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I've had 100% reliability with the S15 mags. From what I gather, the majority of issues people have had are more due to varying tolerances of the individual guns. I also read that if you use screws that are slightly longer to mount an optic, they can interfere with the extractor.

Surprised no votes for hellcat with Romeo Zero

I have had excellent experience with mine.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    Funny I don’t find it as snappy as my G19

I have found that for me, small and simple is better. I’m a lot more inclined to carry my 365 without a light and red dot adding bulk/size
    I agree and I'm not sure how I'll feel about the optic. From everything I've seen and read, most of the well trained shooters agree that it will make you a more accurate shooter. The light, it's a, I would rather have it and not use situation.

My thoughts on the light are that the subcompact, for me, is there for the days that I may not carry otherwise. I can grab it, throw it in a sticky holster and honestly forget it’s there. If it becomes too cumbersome, then I might not carry it. My “compact” (P320 XCarry) is decked out.

These slim, high capacity sub-compacts may do away with the need for traditional compacts. Same capacity, same length grip but slim-line. Personally, I’m just not quite as capable with the sub-compacts, looking forward to giving the XMacro a try though, once the beta testing is done.

Anyone use a plate to attach to the dove tail for red dot on a pistol without the doctors cuts?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965